doing a little prototyping on my parts.

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
Sice I'm waiting on materials for every one of my parts (resin, corian ABS -16 glue and ABS sheets) I decided to go forwards and test out how the male model molding part would look for my floor mats. Well they look pretty darn good to me. Now to find "damnit here we go again " More material ..ahhh the money waiting game hits me again.

here are the 2 logo's I'm putting in the floor mats. hopefully. I figure if I can make a step forwards on at least 1 project each week as materials and money permits I might get some of them done by this year or maybe the next 2 or 3 depending.

005.jpg
007.jpg

What are you using for 3D software?
I use a variety but mainly Aspire and Fusion 360. this is in Aspire right now waiting on some bigger (read more money) pieces I need at least 4 pieces of 30"x30" to make the top and bottom molds since it a 2 sided piece and I have a drivers and passengers side to do.
passengers side here, still have to figure out where the damned gas pedal goes on the 63-66 since both mine have been converted to 67 and up pedals.
101.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, are you going to mold them yourself?

Very nice, are you going to mold them yourself?
yeah I'm making a set of molds for 60-69 lincoln contenintal floor mats and for my boss to sell and I figured I could sneak my design in too! here is the "outie" one just to see if the material I cut would work. (now it's gonna be a wall plaque for the garage) the "innie" design is going to be a bit more of a challenge since I want to do a silver T and Red or Yellow Dart and G so either multi part pours or really good resin control to not spill it into the T and G
006.jpg

Sice I'm waiting on materials for every one of my parts (resin, corian ABS -16 glue and ABS sheets) I decided to go forwards and test out how the male model molding part would look for my floor mats. Well they look pretty darn good to me. Now to find "damnit here we go again " More material ..ahhh the money waiting game hits me again.

here are the 2 logo's I'm putting in the floor mats. hopefully. I figure if I can make a step forwards on at least 1 project each week as materials and money permits I might get some of them done by this year or maybe the next 2 or 3 depending.

View attachment 1715418522 View attachment 1715418523
Nice stuff!

Nice stuff!
Thanks, I just finished up a test piece to pour multi color design into the floor mats. (now if I only had money to get the supplies ....ah well waiting again) I'm thinking Silver for the T, Yellow for the Dart and G on a black rubber mat. I'll be getting some urethane shipped to me this
coming week so I can't wait to test out the colors and see if the layering works as I hope it does.. you can see in the T how the G will lay over the T and then it'll get poured level to the heel pad (maybe, hopefully ....well it could work) I can't finalize it yet since I need measurements on a slant 6 throttle linkage car for the cutouts for the gas pedal.
once I get those measurements I can do the shape and get down to pouring a test mat.

005.jpg
167.jpg

Working on shape of the floor mat now while I'm waiting on money to come in and allow me to get some more materials. drivers side looks like it'll be fine now that I modified the shape for the Gas pedal, now it'll work on the /6 and v8 cars (I hope) passengers side needs a bit of tweaking to shpe it right since I feel it should sit down into the well a bit and not curl up on the side raised portion (gimme your opinions)
hope the gas pedal fits
009.jpg

fits in the well by the seat bump
010.jpg

011.jpg

and dow the side it matches the side raised portion after carpet it should fit and look goooooood
012.jpg

now the passengers side is another story. I forgot the well is narrower than the ddrivers side and it hits everywhere $%#^$%^# Except for the rear of the mat . easy mod for the drawing but pain in the butt that I forgot it %^&^&^*.
013-modded.jpg

015-modofied.jpg

got the color test started, now I have to figure out how to embed it into the floor mat and make sure it stays bonded to the rubber,, tomorrow I'll pull the flash(and overpour) out and see what I have. the red didn't look as good as the blue since I cleaned up my hands with lacquer thinner and I guess the urethane hate being near lacquer thinner.. since it's a test I'm okay with that but I'll have to remember that in the future!

004.jpg

DAMN,DAMN,DAMN Abject failure. oh well back to the drawing board the darned gray blue bled over the red(ish). looks like I'll have to make both emblem parts and then bond them, then put them in the heel pad $%&(*&*(. On a good note I was able to get it poured in this wet humid weather. It did react with the humidity. so I'll have to only pour good ones on less than 50% humidity.(that is if I CAN pour a good one!) good news is it IS a Matt finish and not glossy as I was worried about that.

001.jpg
003.jpg

Got some more mold work done for the multi color floor mats. made the male molds ,now to make em pretty and smooth so they will make the parts look goooooood a little wet sanding and buffing and they should eb good to test out and see just where and if I screwed up.
next step is silicone molds for the female setup. Wish me luck!. got the Dart, the G, the T and the Fratzog ready. hope it all fits the way it's supposed to!
010.jpg
011.jpg

-
Back