dome light dying?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
kinda a dumb question but the other day my interior dome light started actin funny. when i turn it on, it kinda flickers on then off. sometimes if i hold the on switch or turn the headlights on it will stay on longer. is this a sign of a dying bulb or something worse. i know its not the headlight switch, since its new. ive just had a bad rep w/ this car and electrical issues so i wanted a 2nd opinion. im prayin the bulb is just dying

1st thing to check- make sure the bulb isn't loose in the socket and there's no corrosion on the base of the bulb. If the bulb is ok there are 3 connections on the dome light circuit, one in the trunk on the driver side under the hinge, one behind the driver side kick panel, and the headlight switch, make sure none of these connections are corroded. If all the connections look good then the problem might be in the switch possably pitted contacts.

You dont think its the switch because its new but... sounds like the switch to me. Or atleast weak connections in that harness connecter to the switch. Light bulbs either work or they dont.

-
Back