Dominator seems to work.

-

lenweiler

Reaction score
First t&t of the season. No chance to fine tune. Just swapped the 950HP for the 1050 dominator. Track was cold but we still managed our best times yet. And, we were shifting at a rather safe 6500RPM. Results......

60'... 1.45 (Finally!)
1/8 et at 6.54@ 103 MPH
1/4 et at 10.39@ 127.4 MPH.
A real nice start!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HkFtS0jFEtA

Very nice Len. The work is starting to pay off!

Thanks fellers. We are real happy so far. Everything points north, and it runs flawlessly. So far. Oil press. is up to since we changed the remote. Next weekend is street warz. The boy is looking forward to that.

I think I'm convinced on these big carbs. It even idles decently.
We may wind it a little tighter next weekend. It just revs so freely.
Thank the Lord for the 4-bolt mains...........

I think I'm convinced on these big carbs. It even idles decently.
We may wind it a little tighter next weekend. It just revs so freely.
Thank the Lord for the 4-bolt mains...........

I twisted my two bolt main 340 to 8000 and my stock crank, rods and two bolt (with studs though) main 360 to 7500 with not even a wimper from them.

First t&t of the season. No chance to fine tune. Just swapped the 950HP for the 1050 dominator. Track was cold but we still managed our best times yet. And, we were shifting at a rather safe 6500RPM. Results......

60'... 1.45 (Finally!)
1/8 et at 6.54@ 103 MPH
1/4 et at 10.39@ 127.4 MPH.
A real nice start!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HkFtS0jFEtA

nice car, it runs and sounds great. what do you have in that thing? thanks and again thanks for sharing the vid

......... much too kind. Me and the kid are having a hoot.
The engine is a 408 with W5 heads prepped by Shadydell. Cam is a solid roller from Crane. Block should take lots of overbore, so it should have a long life. Don't know if we'll ever get to the W7's............ Especially if we try NO2 sometime.

Len,

i just checked this out again and damn! Kudos to you. As I recall the build, you used a MP 340 block and had to do quite a bit clearancing for the roller lifters. Many had warned of grinding into the water jacket, and apparently, that was not a problem. My memory sucks, was this a MP 48 degree block?

Thanks,
Joe

A good memory Joe! I'd have forgotten. You're absolutely right about the block.
The block wasn't too much of a problem. The special rollers helped. I may have spent more time removing more iron in the lifter/bore area than I needed.
Grinding was slow, checking often............. as I was cautioned. But that was no different than porting............
It is not a 48 degree block. The angle is standard. Otherwise, I'd be mounting my W7's on this block. These blocks are rugged enough for most anything.............
clearance002.jpg

-
Back