Donor Car Part Out- What parts are valuable to resell?

-

dartslantsix

Reaction score
2010 Charger Police car. I've stripped everything out of the car that I need for my swap. Now I need to scrap the body. Are there any other parts worth pulling and selling to recoup some costs? I don't have a ton of storage space, I'm thinking smallish things that I can sell later after the body is gone.

Thanks.

I would save the electronics from the steering column. I remember being at a dealership and them talking about a car that needed the steering column control module. The module was discontinued and the car was disabled because they couldn’t get one to fix it.

Maybe any of the other modules?

If you are ambitious, the body wiring harness is different between a v6 car and a v8 car and might be worth something to someone who might want to swap a Hemi into a car.

Any idea what brakes it had? The cop cars got bigger brakes sometimes, but I don’t think the 2010’s had the really large 14.5” BR9 package. Might still be worth something to the right person.

Are you using the radiator and fan for your swap? The LC/LX setup seems to be a decent setup for swapping into an A-Body.

Electric power steering pump?

If your charger still has the police black 18" rims with the "chrome" hubcap... those hubcaps still sell quick. They're a difficult item to scoop up used. Just be sure to sell them as a package with the lug nuts because the lug nuts themselves are specially shaped so that the hub cap mounts directly to them and not the rim itself.
The rims may/may not sell quickly so that will be a personal call to see if you want to bother storing them.

Screenshot_20230613_232346_eBay.jpg

I would save the electronics from the steering column. I remember being at a dealership and them talking about a car that needed the steering column control module. The module was discontinued and the car was disabled because they couldn’t get one to fix it.

Maybe any of the other modules?

If you are ambitious, the body wiring harness is different between a v6 car and a v8 car and might be worth something to someone who might want to swap a Hemi into a car.

Any idea what brakes it had? The cop cars got bigger brakes sometimes, but I don’t think the 2010’s had the really large 14.5” BR9 package. Might still be worth something to the right person.

Are you using the radiator and fan for your swap? The LC/LX setup seems to be a decent setup for swapping into an A-Body.

Electric power steering pump?
I'll look into modules.
From my research the brakes are the same as R/T's with the exception of the rears. At least for this 2010.
I'm using the radiator and fans, so those are tucked away.
It's a standard power steering pump.
I was hoping to sell the airbags, but apparently they are hazardous to ship and Ebay is picky about who can sell them.

If your charger still has the police black 18" rims with the "chrome" hubcap... those hubcaps still sell quick.
This car has regular wheels on it unfortunately. It was owned by a civilian before I got it. It has one cop rim as a spare in the trunk, but no cap.

Did some research on Ebay today. Looks like the following parts might be worth pulling:
Ignition switch/module: $150
Police chassis module: $70
Trans module: $97
Gauges (police uses 160 mph "certified") $200
Taillights might be worth pulling since they were used only a couple years.

Couldn't find info on the rear gears. I'll have to crawl under it and look at the tag.

-
Back