Donor discs for a 66 Valiant??

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
I know you guys are tired of answering these front disc brake questions over and over, so I'll make it short... What donor disc brake A-body do I need to rob to put disc brakes on my 66 Valiant?? A stock set up is fine, nothing razzle dazzle or fancy, "LOW BUCK CONVERSION"...

1973-1976 A-body car, they have the bbp pattern and bolt in nice, Be sure to get the upper control arms, you can use your lower 66 ones with the 73-76 spindles. You can get brake hoses and ball joints for this at the parts store. I used Volare disc brake hoses on my 66. May want to get a proportioning valve from the donor car as well.

Thanks man, that's what I needed to know!!! My old scrap yard buddy called me this morning with the 411 that a 4-door '74 valiant came in with 50,000 miles on it, I'm going by in the morning to check it out, I'll get everything from under the front end, and all the brake hardware... Hopefully it has discs... I'm going to check out it's floor pans also, if there rust free, "I'LL MAKE THEM WORK" in my 66....

He said it was a 318 car (if that means anything).. I'm going to score what I can off it.. I'm sure the other morons at the yard have already took the loader forks to the body (kids!)... Are the 8-1/4 rear ends any good??

it should be an 8 1/4 if it has discs and a 318 but you never know. they are pretty strong. shouldnt have a problem with 400 hp.

Went and looked at the 74 Valiant today, car had 48,000 actual miles on it.. Front disc rotors and stuff look awesome, rust free floor pans, perfect dash pad and seats.. To bad it ended up in a scrap yard even tho it was a 4-door... I'm going to get the disc brakes off it and the whole floorboard for my 66 Valiant.. "BUDGET BUILDING 101"!!!!

if anybody needs a 8 1/4 rear. i have one with auburn unit and 3.21 gears ($400) obo
Eric 4044140902

-
Back