Don't do this at home!

-
A similar thing happened to me. I was a supervisor in a machine shop watching a co-worker hammering on a chisel. The worker was trying to cut away a broken set screw (large set screw). Either way, as I watched closely, and all of a sudden, somebody punched me (really hard) on the side of my head. I grabbed the right side of my head in pain and turned around to clobber whoever had blind-sided me. When I turned around there was nobody there!! But I did feel blood trickling into my hand. I went over to a mirror and found that my ear was bleeding. Long story short, a piece (3/16") of metal had come flying off the set screw and pierced my ear lobe. It went all the way through and left a slot when it entered and exited. It bled pretty badly for a good while but eventually it stopped. I found it amazing how much impact such a small piece of metal has when it's traveling at a high rate of speed!! I actually thought someone had punched me (really, really hard) on the side of my head.
FYI - That's the only piercing I've ever gotten and yes, I was wearing safety glasses (thank God!!)...should have been wearing a face shield because I could have just as easily lost an eye!!!

Treblig

reminds me of the school bully , somehow shot himself in the forearm w/ a 22 short. He carried it around showing everyone he could squeeze it up enough to see the color of the lead. His mother noticed his arm turning green and took him to the doctor and had it cut out, gang green was setting in. OLE GEORGE WAS SOMETHING ELSE !

-
Back