Don't leave your truck in neutral when driving your backhoe onto the trailer.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
I'm tired.

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

What was the cost of the claim??

Recently I pulled my excavator onto my trailer on a gravel driveway. Took enough weight off the rear axle that me, the excavator, trailer, and truck were leaving fast. Luckily was able to catch a tree trunk with the bucket before we hit the turn. No damage other than pride.

Recently I pulled my excavator onto my trailer on a gravel driveway. Took enough weight off the rear axle that me, the excavator, trailer, and truck were leaving fast. Luckily was able to catch a tree trunk with the bucket before we hit the turn. No damage other than pride.

That's what this guy did. He was up on the trailer when everything started moving. All he could do was ride it out to the end.

That's happened to me once, landing a dirtbike onto a trailer
The wife had the truck so had placed the trailer in the driveway, facing the road, figuring when she got ho.e I could hook it up and take off
When I hit the ramp with my bike it lifted the nose wheel over the wheel chuck and me and the trailer started rolling down the driveway towards the street

This was at about 5 pm and it is a busy street
Took me about 2 seconds to decide to dump the bike and jump of
I got in front of the trailer just before it hit the end of the driveway

not a good feeling balanced on the dovetail. Been there done that! Not since I got the new lowboy with air brakes though.

I just BET you are tired. Nice work!

Should of bought a Dodge I reckon.....:)
I wish I had my version of this on film. I was mowing the lawn a few yrs. back and hooked my lawn tractor up to my car trailer to move it. had a 1 7/8" ball on the lawnmower, (home made rig) the trailer tires had sunk into the ground from all the rain we had. the 10 horse murry wouldn`t break it loose , so like a dumbass I got off and went around to the rear of the trailer to help. I left the mower wide open in second gear. when I pushed on the trailer the 2" hitch came up off of the 1 7/8" ball. the mower took of fairly fast and headed for my back gate. I started laughing so hard I almost didn`t catch it. caught it , jumped on and slammed on the brake just as it hit the gate. no damage . still grin when I think about it.

also was mowing around the creek in back one time , the rains had washed part of the bank away , leaving only grass and weeds. the mower rolled over upside down in the creek w/ me under it, still running. that wasn`t so funny ! managed to reach up and shut it off and crawl out from under it. thanking GOD when I got on my feet,unhurt.

Had to do a 3500 Ram like this one time. Dump box. Owner had the loaded box up on a slope. Truck went over with the box in the up position. Uniside, doors, new glass, and the rails were bent and rolled over after the axle.

Awesome work. I loaded my 35 HP 4x4 tractor onto my dump trailer that I forgot to hook up to my brand new dodge 4x4 quad cab diesel. Drove around forever with a large dent in the tailgate.

-
Back