Dont ship with DHL!!!!

-

Lycandart

Reaction score
Hey just to let eveyone know...DHL has stopped shipping to alot of areas and are jackin peeps around about it.So I would not ship anything of value with them!!!!!!

That's funny. I put my whole weeks worth of invoices and purchase orders in a DHL envelope every week and mail it to our home office! If it doesn't reach them, I don't get paid!

The tell me WHY I GOT COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS OF STUFF SITTIN IN A WAREHOUSE FOR OVER A WEEK?MR ANSWERS.Give me answers that the dude on the phone cant?

DHL is horrible out here. They don't deliver to this town themselves, they pay independent couriers to deliver once it gets about 50 miles from here, and they get around to it when they're good and ready. I've had items ride around in the courier van for over a week before they decided to drop it off. I paid for 2-day service before, and it took 9 days before they got it to me, and that only happened because I was on the phone yelling at them every day.

Their service in this part of the country is absolutely horrible. Unfortunately Dell uses them for everything they ship to us. It's no coincidence that they dress up in McDonalds colors. They act like a bunch of clowns. DHL makes Dave Layson look like a good businessman.

Can you tell I've had trouble with DHL?

That's funny. I put my whole weeks worth of invoices and purchase orders in a DHL envelope every week and mail it to our home office! If it doesn't reach them, I don't get paid!

lets hope DHL is working good in your area Brian,:glasses8:
Know that you bring it up
I have not seen a DHL van on the road here lately:-k

My favorite part about tracking on DHL's site is when the tracking changes. It shows an item's arrival scan at 10:00 am in one town, and then when you look later that day, the arrival scan is at 3:00 pm. and then you look the next morning, and that town doesn't show at all. I don't trust that company one bit.

We had parts shipped to us at work. They were sent via DHL overnight service. They were scheduled to arive on June 27th. They finally got there on JULY 3RD! Why the delay you ask? Well the box got as far as the twin cities and from there THEY GAVE IT TO THE POST OFFICE TO DELIVER! So six days later Mr. mail man drops off our order.
Try to top that one.
Oh by the way, the twin cities is only a 2&1/2 hour drive from here. So much for the postal service too.
Ted

Well 1 of my suppliers only ships DHL and instead of the post office delivering it to us...they sent it back to our supplier and now we got a M/O made out to the supplier and no goods...And in my line of work you just can't go to Wal-Mart and pick up needles...So now one of my guys has to sit and wait for stuff!

I really don't get the post office deal. If DHL is gonna throw it over to USPS, why do they drive it part way across the country first? Just throw it in the mail right away and get it over with. It's like they start out trying, and then go, "oh, yeah, we don't deliver there. We forgot," and then they throw it in the mail.

Yup...I dont know.I cant figure out why they dont tell the person shipping the item Sorry but we cant deliver there anymore..But they dont say a word.

DHL sucks and is super expensive. I bought a rear frame assembly and rear tail panel in Oklahoma and DHL wanted almost 800 bucks to ship to Canada's east coast. Watkins shipped it for $280 way to big a difference for the same package it wasn't like DHL was flying it to my door!!!

The tell me WHY I GOT COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS OF STUFF SITTIN IN A WAREHOUSE FOR OVER A WEEK?MR ANSWERS.Give me answers that the dude on the phone cant?

Is there a reason why this anger is being directed towards me or are you just venting at the world?!?!?

I simply stated that I use DHL every week for the last 5 years to deliver my invoices and po's across the state once a week and have never had a problem with them. I do not work for DHL and am no way affiliated with them. They are just the carrier that our company uses to ship stuff.

The way you chimed in was as if you worked for um...So happy that you can work with them,As for me I cant.So i guess it is more about the way you came off .

Sorry for the way "I came off". This is the internet, you need to learn to read sarcasm into people's comments. I was just stating that my "whole household income" is determined by whether or not my DHL packages reach our home office, and I have never had a problem with them in 5 years.

My company switched to DHL six moths ago and they SUCK!!!
I am glad that someone is claiming to be getting good service because we sure arent and we are a MAJOR account with them.

They lose packages, dont deliver on time, etc, etc.

I cant wait til we get UPS back.

Once last thing, if you are depending on DHL to deliver paychecks, I am GLAD I dont work for you! LOL

I order a pair of wheels and they were shipped DHL. The tracking I was supplied with would not ever work. Then to my surprise the mailman delivered them. He said they deliver for them and other shipping companies all the time. Hurray for the the mailman. Now I can install all my stuff to convert to LBP on the rear.

My uncle works for the post office and he says UPS is starting to send packages through USPS too. They must figure if the mail goes everyday to your house(excpt Sundays/holidays) why not drop the packages off at the USPS distibution center for them to deliver. UPS will save money on fuel, less trucks on the road and less maintenance on the trucks. Thats just my guess.

John

I don't know, ,,, but I must have been LUCKY. I had a fender for my '65 shipped from Arizona to Ohio, and never had a problem ! That was right to my door, it only took 4 days, and the cost was only $62.00 ! ! I tried everyone, and they were the cheapest. The guy I bought it from only wrapped it in cardboard, and when I seen that,,,,,,,, I expected it to be beat all to hell, but it was perfect. Maybe I was just lucky,

I do have to give credit to USPS. I sold many things on ebay and shipped USPA and, knock on wood, have never had ANY problems. They do great delivery. Of course, you grow a beard waiting at the counter. LOL

If you have good luck wit DHL, I would say you are VERY lucky indeed.

I agree.
For 7 years of receiving items from a select few customers no problems.
One went to DHL and it has beem nightmare every shipment.
Call the help line...GOOD LUCK

I would never recommend them. Worst company ever to deal with period.

I work for usps as a rural carrier in a small town We deliver packages for DSL, FedEx, & UPS. I guess it saves them money not having to drive all over the rural roads. It's funny though sometimes the UPS driver will deliver a package to an address & I will have a package that they left at the PO for the same address, they can't figure it out either. Just my 2 cents.

-
Back