Door adjar and Headlight buzzer always on

-

Bunker45

Reaction score
Just put the dash in and mostly completed assembly on my 70 dart with 71 dash and new harness. the door adjar buzzer and headlight buzzers do not turn off. The door buzzer always runs even with door closed until key is removed. When the lights are turned on the light buzzer sounds and only turns off when lights are turned off. Any thoughts as to what is causing this?

Do the interior lights stay on? There are a couple of possibilities that could cause this. On my 71 Demon the interior light, the key buzzer, and I'm going to guess the headlight reminder all seek a ground thru the drivers door light switch. The other possibility is you have pinched a ground wire for one of these three.

^^Either that or there is some difference in the harness between 70/71 that you did not catch.

You have a service manual? Download them free at MyMopar.com. I have nothing to do with that site, but some of the manuals there came from the guys on here

Also there are aftermarket simplified diagrams. They may not show this circuit properly.

I don't think it is a mistake on harness. The 71 dash received a 71 harness and I used the 71 original harness to model off of to install the new one. Will look for a ground.

-
Back