Door adjustment

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I need to adjust my drivers door the gap is to tight at the door jamb so were do I adjust at the door at the hinge or at the pillar.I need to move it forward.

You will need to loosen the bolts that hold the hinge to the pillar for that adjustment. One bolt on each hinge is accessible from OUTSIDE the car, and the other two from INSIDE. Make sure someone holds the door (or support it with a floor jack) before you take a wrench to it or it could slide down and chip the paint. The door is heavier than it looks.
Good Luck Snake.

George

Use a paint stirring stick to gauge the margin along the door and fender top to bottom.

Have you looked at the hindges ?
Most of the time new pins and buxhings will correct the door alignment.

Redfish there new pins and bushings.The body did not get it just right.

OK,
If you just fly in a loosen every bolt you may never get it right again.
Remove the stricker post if you want. This just saves the latching unlatching, and the post wont change the door setting when its closed.
Figure out which bolts need loosened to move the door in the direction needed. Loosen them a little and use something like a piece of 2X4 in the door jamb to shift the door. Take your time. Onec everything is right and tight reinstall the latch post to heigth and depth for a smooth tight closed.

Use a paint stirring stick to gauge the margin along the door and fender top to bottom.

That's what I do. I'll use the thin ones and then wrap small pieces however many I need to get the gap correct with tape and place them in several spots of the jam with the door latched but loose until I get the gap the way I want, then tighten a couple bolts and check it. It usually takes a couple tries but an easy way to do it when you don't have any help. Also a good idea to use some blue or green painters tape over the edges of the jam and door to keep from scratching or chipping the paint.

-
Back