Door emblem

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
F2FA0966-9648-4C37-AEE1-50194FD73FA9.jpeg
Do these emblems just pop off? 70 Duster

Yes there are 2 pins on the back BUT remember that is 40+ year old plastic so be gentle.

disregard: pried on them. Bit and wasn’t comfy with the pressure

thanks
Would I be better off just taping around them? Painting the door interior

View attachment 1715642164 Do these emblems just pop off? 70 Duster

The pins are set into a little metal piece. See pic below. Pull/push with enough pressure and it will pop out. Try to spread the force out over a large surface area.
upload_2020-12-4_16-42-6.png

I can't really tell what condition yours is in. But, if you are sprucing up the interior maybe getting a couple new ones would be justified. A little Christmas present to yourself. $32.99

1970-1972 Plymouth Duster Parts | 3499375 | 1970-72 Plymouth; Duster Emblem; For Interior Door Panel; Each | Classic Industries

“If” you can get your hand in the door you might be able to pinch the metal retainer enough to get it to release from the door and pop out with emblem. Can’t tell if you still have glass in door.

“If” you can get your hand in the door you might be able to pinch the metal retainer enough to get it to release from the door and pop out with emblem. Can’t tell if you still have glass in door.
@Dubob "retainer" was the word I was looking for. I can't believe how many words I can't recall as I get older.

Stiff putty knife time........and some WD40 on the pins before you start to pry.

-
Back