Door glass removal

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Help !!! I have everything un bolted and still cant get the glass and vent windows out of the door. What am I missing ?

The door glass should come out first, then the vent window.They wont come out together.

I cant get the glass out of the front track. What keeps it in ? Probably shouldnt have tried it at night, LOL

Adam:

Did you pop that little plastic plug out of the upper part (just above the door panel) of the door frame and remove the allen head bolt? Seems like I recall that tripping me up once...

Ray

Adam:

I sholuld probably qualify that last post. I'm sitting in front of the big screen in the game room, watching the Rays vs. the White Sox, on my umpteenth glass of vino as it's a Friday night, and the more that I think about this, that bolt may not have anything to do with your problem...Honesty is always the best policy...:toothy10:

Ray

The door glass will pull out the top of the forward channel. There is a piece of rubber or something there to move (I forget).

look for bolts that hold the lower part of the tracks. then it will be easy to get the door glass out.

Adam,
You remove the REAR glass track first, then remove the rubber plug and remove the hidden Allen head bolt, then the two bolts that are at the front of the door. There is also a stud/nut at the BOTTOM of the door for the vent window height adjustment that will also need to be removed. Once those bolts are out, you can slide the door glass and the vent window out in one piece.
Please remember to unbolt the regulator from the window, and disconnect the latch and lock rods before removal.

George

That was it. Just missed that little allen bolt. Thanks guys !

Boy am I glad this thread started! My window just broke too and I have to take it apart (without adult supervision). This thread surely saved my sanity (at least for a while) so I can tackle mine thanks.

yes technically, you take them out as a single unit. when you get new vertical glass channel pieces, they give you new plastic guides and metal pins. perfect time to do them since they are almost always wasted...

The allen bolt you are referring to, is it accesible after you remove that small rubber plug, and do you use just a regular allen key to get it out? What size is it? Mine is in there solid and cant seem to budge it!:cussing:

The allen bolt you are referring to, is it accesible after you remove that small rubber plug, and do you use just a regular allen key to get it out? What size is it? Mine is in there solid and cant seem to budge it!:cussing:
Yes, it's under the rubber door plug.
I don't remember the size exactly, but I think it's a 3/16". I remember the wrench fits into the hole with little room to spare.
Good Luck.

George

Thanks George appreciate it. I remember farting and foolin' around with that trying to get it out, putting a trouble light in there to try and see what it was before taking the stroke so needless to say still need to get them out, thanks!

-
Back