Door Hinge Bolts to Body Use Gaskets/Sealer ('65 ABody)?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
What did the factory use with the 12 bolts (that have attached metal washers) that are used from the body to the door hinges? I can't tell if that was so kind of fabric/rubber washer or some kind of silicone/sealer? Those seals, whatever they are, disintegrate during disassembly.

Regardless, what are forum members using when putting things back together? Thank you.

DSC07402.jpg

What did the factory use with the 12 bolts (that have attached metal washers) that are used from the body to the door hinges? I can't tell if that was so kind of fabric/rubber washer or some kind of silicone/sealer? Those seals, whatever they are, disintegrate during disassembly.

Regardless, what are forum members using when putting things back together? Thank you.

View attachment 1715522438
I would use 3M strip caulk. It works great for that and pal nuts that originally used a little rubber insert to seal against water.

I would use 3M strip caulk. It works great for that and pal nuts that originally used a little rubber insert to seal against water.

yep 3m strip caulk works excellent for this
that’s what i’ve used for the hinges for years

I had a 63 B body that was all original when I took it apart, & I believe the factory used some thing that was very similar to what Lee Robinson & cudascott used to seal those hinge bolts.

-
Back