Door hinge question...

-

johns68dart

Longtime Mopar Fan
Reaction score
I bought some reconditioned hinges from a gentleman on this website and I fear I may have gotten them mixed up, even though I tried my hardest to not do that. Anyway, does the passenger side upper hinge have a large "P" stamped on it? I was thinking that would mean "PASSENGER" side of the car. It is a 1968 Dart. Any help guys? Thanks, johns68dart...:banghead:

The uppers will have the pin facing down and the l shaped part that attaches to the body going forward. Both the uppers usually have a P stamped in them, sometimes not though.

Let me know if this doesn't help I would be happy to take a pic of my car or you.

I think I understand. Is there any difference between the drivers side and the passenger side upper hinge? One appears to open further than the other. I am having a bear of a time getting these doors lined up. This is definately NOT a one man job. I guess I will have to ask my neighbor for some help...again.

The only difference is the direction the pin faces, which is always down. Yha lining up doors can be a real pita sometimes.
As far as opening farther then the other side, I am not sure I thought they opened the same but it's possible one is tighter and without the weight of the door won't open as far?

-
Back