Door hinges for a 1967 Barracuda

-

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
A few months ago there was a thread about later model hinges
being used on a-bodies. Does anyone remember reading it.

The bushings are worn in mine and I need to get it taken care of
before the body man can repair my lower driver side fender.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Tony

All a-body hinges should work up to 75 or 76. Mst used ones you find are in as bad of a condition as the ones you have though. Better to buy the bushings and pins from one of the suppliers and re-bush them yourself. I think a company named SMS has them already done for around $150 for a set of 4. Been a while since I looked for them.

Larry

All a-body hinges should work up to 75 or 76. Mst used ones you find are in as bad of a condition as the ones you have though. Better to buy the bushings and pins from one of the suppliers and re-bush them yourself. I think a company named SMS has them already done for around $150 for a set of 4. Been a while since I looked for them.

Larry

Thanks Larry

I'll see if I cand find them

Do a search on eBay for seller rehrenberg. He is selling new hinges for around $35 each. They've been working great for 2 1/2 years now.

Lots of vendors for bushings and pins. A few of them will tell you up from "no instuctions included " and a couple will state "its an easy job". Those haven't done the job before or they would know better. Adding bushing to a hindge that never had them isn't easy at all.
Still I prefer to replace bushing and pins and find the door lines up and operates perfectly, rather than replace hindges and need to totally realign the doors. Good luckk either way.

Lots of vendors for bushings and pins. A few of them will tell you up from "no instuctions included " and a couple will state "its an easy job". Those haven't done the job before or they would know better. Adding bushing to a hindge that never had them isn't easy at all.
Still I prefer to replace bushing and pins and find the door lines up and operates perfectly, rather than replace hindges and need to totally realign the doors. Good luckk either way.

Thanks RedFish

-
Back