door locks

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I had thought about replacing the door locks on a 65 Barracuda. They are not expensive on ebay, But all say only fit 66 and up. Is there a difference in 65 and 66. The body styles are so similar , I don't see a difference in the two.
Advice.

I had thought about replacing the door locks on a 65 Barracuda.

Why? Are you having issues with yours such as non-matching keys?

They are not expensive on ebay, But all say only fit 66 and up. Is there a difference in 65 and 66. The body styles are so similar , I don't see a difference in the two.
Advice.

You are correct in that the 66-up locks are not expensive; reason is Chrysler changed the lock style (and sheet metal where the lock is inserted) in 66. Swap 66 doors to your 65 and 66-up locks drop right in. Conversely, if you do a bit of modification on the door lock opening on the door, you can get the later locks to fit.

One is frozen. I've soaked it, but just can't get it to work. Not a big deal being it is sitting in the garage. Just one of those small things that I would like to take care of before the paint goes on.

The one on e bay is cheap enough. Thanks for the info

One is frozen. I've soaked it, but just can't get it to work.

I have a lock (65-earlier) without keys but have no idea which side it's for . The rod for unlocking it is on the left side if you can use it.

I've got both, just one doesn't work. I don't know that I would really ever need to lock it. Thanks though

I bought a complete set of locks for my 69 Barracuda for an ebay source. They were brand new and the price seemed good. This was a new ignition switch with the 2 door locks. As it turned out I installed the ignition switch and thought all was well. Unfortunately, what I found out was that I couldn't insert the supplied keys in the ignition switch. I took the old and new ignition switch to my local locksmith to see what he could do. After looking it over and trying to get the key in himself, it was determined that this was a lousy imported brand. As it turned out, he had original Mopar door locks kicking around and we wound up going back to the old ignition switch with his nos door locks, he just made the keys work for all. My recommendation is to check with some local locksmiths first. You never know what these guys are hanging on to. Just saying.

-
Back