Door Panel Removal

-

Thrashard340

Reaction score
I went through 15 pages of archive and couldn't find anything on this. I removed the window crank and door latch and the panels are still held on by the clips. Anyone how to remove these? Some of them are already missing but I don't know how to remove the remaining without further damaging the panel. Thanks in advance.

They make a tool for removing those panels that is like a flat fork. You can slip in behind the panel and around each clip. This will remove the panel with the clip intact and reduce the chance of breaking the panel.

Done. Used a large flat screwdriver. They come off with a little coaxing. Thanks Burnt. :cheers:

Too bad I broke 2 before I started this posted...oops ](*,)

The hardboard panels do get brittle with age. I like to use a plastic knife to find the exact location of clip then get a forked tool around it. Steal a 2 tine fork from the kitchen and cut the tines off at about 1 inch long if you have a heavy duty one around.Thin , flimsy stainless will just bend.

Where can I get one of those tool for removing the panels that is like a flat fork. My door lock is not working and I would like to fix it...

Thanks

Where can I get one of those tool for removing the panels that is like a flat fork. My door lock is not working and I would like to fix it...

Thanks

Year One, The Paddock, Harbor Freight,or maybe auto body supply store.
If you have a Harbor Freight in your area they have a package with
different panel and molding tools in it.

Year One, The Paddock, Harbor Freight,or maybe auto body supply store.
If you have a Harbor Freight in your area they have a package with
different panel and molding tools in it.

That is great! What does Harbor Freight call this and is it on their web-site?

If there is a Mac's Hardware near you, they have the fork tool. Cheap too. I have seen them on some of the cheap $2 dollar display tables too.

I got mine a a local NAPA store a few years ago. I used screwdrivers before that.

-
Back