Door panels

-

67Plymouthbarracuda

Reaction score
Anybody here made their own door panels? out of aluminum or anything? If so what all did you do?

Any auto upholstery shop should have the material you need...at least that's where I get mine. It's a black-ish compressed cardboard that is water repellent and easy to cut to shape. It's similar to the OEM material, except for color.

Yup, 1/8th" masonite. I used the originals as template. Cut clip holes and holes. Wife made covers out of vinyl sewed in the lines and covered them.

Attachments

• door panels2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 305
  • door panel#2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 300
  • door panels.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 310
View attachment CIMG0997 (Medium).jpg

Mine are from a plastic sheet of some sort....with the cage the arm rest pads would not fit....figured it might look a bit odd with oe style door panels. Not to mention the 4 of them only cost me 20 bucks or so....

I made mine out of aluminum and glued headliner material to them. I used plastic push pins to hold them in place.

Hi
I will be attempting this type of project too...
I figure I can use originals as a pattern...
Door handles hit roll cage...
I can probably recover the cost by selling the originals to someone that wants restored look instead of race look...

:burnout:

My duster came with some fabbed stainless ones. I'm going to try to make them work - just need to put something behind them to quiet them down~

-
Back