Door pin issue

-

matthon

Reaction score
The door pin is coming loose, it appears it was repaired before with a larger washer. It is spider webbing and rusting. The metal is real thin.
What is the best way to fix this?

DSC03567.JPG

man if i can find it i have a mopar mag that showes step by step how to repar it i will try

I am going through the same thing with my door striker. I am sectioning in one from a solid donor. BTW: I remember the washer band-aid fix from days gone by. ;)

If you want to try another method that doesn't require a welder, here goes..
On the inside of the pillar there is a sheet metal box which traps the nut in that general location. To bend the top of that box open allows removing the nut. Now cut a piece of metal (16 gauge or better) to the size of the box and slide it in there. 4 small pop rivets placed at outer corners reinforce the sheet metal and still allow the nut to go in. Then the oversized washer on the outside helps too.
Any attempt at repair is a waste of time unless you correct the root cause.
Rebuild the door hindges first then repair striker and set it positioning.

Redfish
Can you give a little more detail on your method? How do you get to the box in the pillar?

Remove the back seat bottom. remove the rear armrest/side panel. with the window rolled up, should be able to see into the access hole to get to the box

Thanks for the magazine info. Now, I gotta go dig through some boxes...

-
Back