Door Striker Location/Dimensions?

-

BobK

Custom Builder
Reaction score
Anyone have the dimensions to the center of the hole, and the diameter of the hole, for the door striker on a 67 Dart? Some hack welded mine to the jamb when the metal fractured (like it often does), and did a piss-poor job at that. I need to replace the metal correctly, and want to get the hole in the right place.

Thanks!

Someone got to both sides of my 68.
Ugh. Not pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_20151011_161521_454.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 128
Worn door hinges caused that. I could pull dimensions off a same model notch but they may not be the same. I know the outer contour of the pillar isn't the same. Inner corner and height to post might be the same. Maybe the thread bump helps

I recently replaced one of mine with a repair kit that I picked up at Carlisle: replacement metal with a lip around the outside and the cage for the captured nut on back. It came with a great set of instructions. you cut out a square on the car, put the repair piece in from the back and weld it in place. It worked great, but I can't remember the name of the company. They also sold reinforcements for behind the door handle and new gasket material for the underside of the air cleaner lid. Anybody know the company???

-
Back