Door Window Frame Gasket

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I replaced all of my gaskets on the doors of my 71 Scamp with the exception of the vent window. There is one gasket that Im wondering if its available. Im looking for the seal or gasket for the leading edge of the main door windows where it touches the vent window frame.

Right now I only have what remains and seems to be a white type of plastic. If needed I can get a picture of the area Im talking about.

The seal that goes on the A pillar itself, that seals the A pillar to the vent window frame?

Usually, that is a part of the entire roof rail channel seal that gets fed into the trim, that screws into the roof. I'm pretty sure that the leading edge that is forward of the molded corner on the weatherstrip, either has a screw or push clip at it's end and you use trim adhesive to get that A pillar strip to stick in place.

There is a white, foam seal between the roof rail trim and body.

Although, I could be talking about a completely different seal than you are.

The vent window gasket is molded black rubber and in the shape of the window to vent window frame, which feeds into the vent window channels, with the window out.

mp-2307.jpg

I'm not sure where on the car (A pillar, vent window frame, the roof rail or door) the seal you are talking about actually attaches to, but it may have been replaced with a different type that is being reproduced.

Those are the plastic window guides that keep the glass indexed on the vertical channel weatherstrip pieces.

They clip on to the glass. No need to replace them unless the glass is rocking or they aren't doing their job for some reason. Looks good!

I think so.

Lemme see...

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=2932230

It shows the retainer clips with the channel on RT Specialties site, but I know he's got some awesome stuff in stock that nobody else has and he may be able to sell you the retainer clip set without the channel, if your vertical channel seals are nice and don't allow the glass to rattle when you try and move it, 3/4 of the way down.

R/T Specialties
2156 SR292 E
Falls, PA 18615
PH: (570) 388-1082

[email protected]

If you've got no dice there, hit me up and I'll check some local channels. There are a few parts guys that I deal with around town who used to be fastenal reps that can get me just about anything that I can't find at body and paint supply shops, the dealers and car quest.

Herbs mopar and restoration specialties http://www.herbsparts.com/ should have what your looking for.If the channels are required they have them in 60 inch or 90 go for the longer as i found the 60s were short and when the window winded down so for those guides would pop out of that felt.They were not cheap and freight on top to Aus. $$$$ and a pain in the Arse to fit.I think they sell the white slides with pins only if thats what you need.

Got mine from Ma Mopar! The dealer that is! There is a pic and part# in my build thread, "Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda" in the Forced Induction forum.

-
Back