Dorman Fuel Sender Reviews?

-

nerd racing

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Fuel Sender for my car, I think the 50 year old one finally gave up the ghost.

I found this sender on rockauto:

Dorman 692-152

Says 80 Ohms Empty and 10 Ohms Full.

I've read that the Mopar one is non-linear and that most aftermarket ones are linear resistance.

I also like that it comes with the lock ring and seal. I'll use my old lock ring since it's probably heavier duty though. I plan on replacing all of the rubber fuel line when I swap out the sender, since I get a gas smell around the back of the car, but couldn't find any drips or visible leaks.

Also, what's the tank capacity on a 64 Barracuda?

Thanks!

One thing I did when I replaced mine was to connect the sender wire and ground the new sending unit so I could sweep it and make sure it works right with your guage before taking the old one out. :)

No point in pulling it all out to find out it's the wrong ohms for the guage (and it happens no matter what they all say)

Your tank is 18 gallons unless it has been changed.

Thanks for the information! The fuel capacity will help me when gauge how far I can go and how full the tank is for now.

I have to pull apart the steering column to clean and check the contacts on the multi switch and check for shorting out wires. I figure I will do the gauge cluster while I'm in there. If that doesn't fix my gauge function I'll pull the sender and try cleaning it. If not I'll replace it.

50 years is all? They just don't make cars like they used to. We use some Dorman products at the shop. I can't say I have seen any problems with them. Also, the update their products to fix known common problems. Give it a shot, what can it hurt?

-
Back