doug headers mini starter

-

kurt

Reaction score
i just got my doug 453 header for 340 67 cuda what mini start to use can i use 93 dakota starter man the price go from 60 to 350 $ headers broke the bank need somthing that will work for good price

Nice I got a 75 dollar ebay one sounds like it is staring a jet when it turns over engine.

Dakota starter for sure. Fit nice around my flow tech headers and Clutch linkage . Not a problem . Also. For some reason the flow tech headers fit better then the headman headers i had before. Might be how my engine sits but Nothing hits if anyone is wondering .

.....Also. For some reason the flow tech headers fit better then the headman headers i had before. Might be how my engine sits but Nothing hits if anyone is wondering .

I heard about this option too, but don't know part number. Do you happen to have part number for the Flowtech?

Thanks,

I heard about this option too, but don't know part number. Do you happen to have part number for the Flowtech?

Thanks,

Summit part number is BIG-33100FLT. these are ceramic coated and cheap as well. I have had no issues for fitting them . I did have them rub at first on my centre link around corners but found out it was the poor job I did on the exhaust. So I redid a full exhaust kit with cut outs and doesn't rub whatsoever.

Remember the cheap chinkesium starter you bought when it lets you down at night in the rain and cold from all the header heat.

Ok I'm new here but maybe someone has seen this problem before. The small block in my 65 Dart has Edelbrock heads and a bell housing from a 70 E body for the 10.5" clutch with the Doug's headers and i can't seem to find a mini start that will fit. The Mopar Performance starter will not bolt up so I went with the Powermaster adjustable starter and it doesn't seem to want to work any better. I went with the 10.5" clutch because when I dynoed the engine and it made 585hp at the flywheel no 10" clutch would live on the street so I used a Mcleod double disc set-up but now I may have to find a way to pull start the engine. Thanks for any help you can give

Try the '99 Ram starter. It's a bit shorter than a Dak starter. I got lucky, the Dak starter might not have cleared my headers.

-
Back