Doug Thorely Headers

-

easyrider

65 droptop
Reaction score
There is a 1965 Dart Charger for sale on ebay. Listing says power steering on a 273 v8. I can't see the power steering box, but I can see the header on that side. The article says that they were an option on that car.
Why can't we get them Now?!!!

You can get them! Doug Thorley owns Doug's Headers, and was the original manufacturer of the under chassis DDart headers!

You can get them! Doug Thorley owns Doug's Headers, and was the original manufacturer of the under chassis DDart headers!
The one for the right side looks too long. I'm not sure there is room to run a pipe down that side by the transmission. These early A bodies don't have much room.

The one for the right side looks too long. I'm not sure there is room to run a pipe down that side by the transmission. These early A bodies don't have much room.

They fit!! When Doug first decided he would start making these again about 15 years ago, he started a preorder list, you had to call him personally! I was very early on the list, and had a good talk with him as he laid out the details of making these headers originally, and why they would be $600!! Every time I would call, he would give updates on his timeline, and the price climbed by $300 each time! When they got up to a $1300 estimate and about 9 months time, I bailed out of my place in line!

They fit, and are very nice, probably the best fitting pipes out there for early A's!

They fit!! When Doug first decided he would start making these again about 15 years ago, he started a preorder list, you had to call him personally! I was very early on the list, and had a good talk with him as he laid out the details of making these headers originally, and why they would be $600!! Every time I would call, he would give updates on his timeline, and the price climbed by $300 each time! When they got up to a $1300 estimate and about 9 months time, I bailed out of my place in line!

They fit, and are very nice, probably the best fitting pipes out there for early A's!

I have a 5.9 magnum with factory EFI. All stock. I'm running the factory 273 manifolds because that was the only thing I could get to fit with factory power steering. How much HP gain would I get for that kind of $$$? It's not a race car. I'm not sure it will be worth the money.

I have a 5.9 magnum with factory EFI. All stock. I'm running the factory 273 manifolds because that was the only thing I could get to fit with factory power steering. How much HP gain would I get for that kind of $$$? It's not a race car. I'm not sure it will be worth the money.

Agreed!! That's why I didn't get them then, and still don't have them now! I have Spitfires on my blue car, but the next system I'm getting will be the Accurate Exhaust original style system, it's a thing of beauty, and is supposed to flow better than duals, and sound great! I have that set here before me for a friends car, got me convinced....it's hot!!!

Agreed!! That's why I didn't get them then, and still don't have them now! I have Spitfires on my blue car, but the next system I'm getting will be the Accurate Exhaust original style system, it's a thing of beauty, and is supposed to flow better than duals, and sound great! I have that set here before me for a friends car, got me convinced....it's hot!!!

I guess for what I do with mine, what I have is good enough. I just like to cruse in it but it will roast that right tire if I mash the right peddle too hard.
Thanks for the reply.

I got a set of Dougs about 16 years ago when he did the limited run of 50 Cosgig mentioned, Doug told me I got the last set of that run. They fit like a glove with power steering and a 4 speed and look as good today as the day I put them on, no rust no leaks, worth every cent!

I got a set of Dougs about 16 years ago when he did the limited run of 50 Cosgig mentioned, Doug told me I got the last set of that run. They fit like a glove with power steering and a 4 speed and look as good today as the day I put them on, no rust no leaks, worth every cent!

I bought a set of the 340/360 manifolds. They wouldn't fit. I have them hanging on my wall. That would have been a good down payment on a set of Doug's.

-
Back