Dougs and spool mount in 72'?

-

swifty

Reaction score
I have a set of Dougs D453 in my cart from autozone with the 20% discount. I just want to make sure they will fit before I pull the trigger. I have done some searching and I believe they will fit, just not sure because of my application. I have a 72 swinger with a 360, 727, console, power steering. By issue is I have a spool mount k member, not sure of year. I do not know if I have the the 72 steering linkage or if it is from a later model like the k member. Any one running something similar to this that knows if it will fit?

I have the spool mount k frame (I do have manual steering and manual trans)and I have tons of room with the dougs in a 71 340 duster.Im pretty sure crackedback has or had some with a setup like yours.

Yes they fit for me. Never an issue. Run a mini starter.

Why Petronix/Dougs doesn't update the info. For the longest time they said they won't work with a 727, yet they did. Go figure.

Thanks, I got my order in at the last minute. I already have the mini starter. My next question am I better off installing on my broke in engine or wait till I put in my new engine? I have heard that the excess heat from breaking in the engine is hard on the ceramic coating. Anyone have an opinion?

-
Back