Dougs # D454 Early A body headers 65 Valiant (Need opinions)

-

Litz

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a set of Dougs D454 headers for my 65 Valiant 273/904 and need opinions on quality, and fit. No power steering, or brakes. Console shifted 904. Thanks, Litz

Thinking of getting a set of Dougs D454 headers for my 65 Valiant 273/904 and need opinions on quality, and fit. No power steering, or brakes. Console shifted 904. Thanks, Litz
They won't work has to be dougs #450 i no i just ordered a set.....

Thanks for the info! I wonder if I can get the #450's without the ceramic coating? On a budget and live in So. Cali where it's pretty dry. I had a set of cheap heddman headers on my 65 BB coronet for 15 yrs with no rust problems. Thanks again for the info.

BIG question.........are you installing an Alterkation "K" member??

Per Summits listing, the D454's are for early 'A' with Alterkation "K" member; the D450's headers are the D-Dart headers.....BIG difference between the 2!

Don't know a thing about the D454's; have a set of the D-Dart 450's, I like them.

Per Summits listing, the D454's are for early 'A' with Alterkation "K" member; the D450's headers are the D-Dart headers.....BIG difference between the 2!

Don't know a thing about the D454's; have a set of the D-Dart 450's, I like them.

I better get my $hit together before I order headers for this car. Need to find the pn for a 1965 273/904 Valiant. You guys have saved me a ton of grief! I'm totally new to the A bodys and my ignorance is showing! Thanks again!

Question: are you changing out your "K" member for an Alterkation?? If YES, then D454's; if NO then D450 D-Dart. It's not like there are lots of choices.

Another question: is the car an original V8 car, or was it originally a /6 car with a transplant? If original V8, OK; if was /6 with transplant, are mounts factory, or Schumacher? If factory, OK; if Schumacher then MAYBE (not 100% sure) have additional clearance problems (never used Schumacher mounts).

Others may know more.

I thought you was using the stock front suspenion i know that what i had to order was the 450s

Question: are you changing out your "K" member for an Alterkation?? If YES, then D454's; if NO then D450 D-Dart. It's not like there are lots of choices.

Another question: is the car an original V8 car, or was it originally a /6 car with a transplant? If original V8, OK; if was /6 with transplant, are mounts factory, or Schumacher? If factory, OK; if Schumacher then MAYBE (not 100% sure) have additional clearance problems (never used Schumacher mounts).

Others may know more.
Yea i'm using the schumacher mounts and they say to just use a mini starter,From what i have read.....

Others may know more.
Thank you for the info. The car is an original V8 car. 65 Valiant Signet. No pwr steering/brks. I'm using the original V8 K member so I guess it's the D-450 D-Dart. Thanks again I really appreciate the info.

-
Back