Dr. Conemangler is in derr haus

-

Conemangler

Reaction score
Adam et al----

Dr. Conemangler in the house. :jocolor:

I hope you let me pollute your list just a little with my drivel. I need a new place to play. As you probably know the evil Charlene not only removed me as moderator of the Barracuda Owners Group, she made me the first contributing member ever to be booted off.

Oh well, that list's days are numbered, and I need a new place to talk about Barracuda's.

I could talk on about myself..... But please.... People to do and things to kill, or something like that. I'll share a little, but encourage you to check out my out of date website for more about the man and his cars. :geek:

I own an pure, and I mean freakin' pure 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 SS/GA car. Its hasn't seen much daylight in 30 years. I think you would refer to this as a wasted shame of a trophy car. I'm just too paranoid and to poor to do anything with her. Obviously, she was my dad's. If you're into mopars, you've probably heard of him. He isn't huge, but he's a significant part of Mopar drag racing history. I'm proud of his accomplishments. And no it isn't Al Eckstrand, like is often brought up, although he was a childhood idol of mine. He's Tim Ekstrand, and he won two NHRA World Championships in Plymouth Dusters. Along with a lot of other stuff.

I also own a 1969 Barracuda. It was driven off the truck from the factory at the dealership my father managed, by him. Its a one family car. Its pretty sweet too. Except its apart. Painted and all the parts restored. But not assembled. It was the running joke of the BOG, since its been apart for 15 years or so. If those B*stards keep joking it about while I'm tossed out of there I'll have to hurt somebody. You clowns can joke about it all you like. You're soon to be my new frineds. I hope.

I'm building the Barracuda into one of those nasty G-Machines. Only a lot more race car and nasty than most. But still a little pretty. Because I'm vain that way.

I also currently race a 2004 SRT-4 in SCCA STU class. Its fast and obnoxious and slammed and has 245 tires on a neon with 300hp at the crank. That's what I drive to campus when I teach. Makes me a rather popular college prof.

That's about it. I drive Mopars, therefore I am. My wife drives a Hemi Durango. I just traded in my Intrepid and my Dakota. We're about as Mopar loyal a family as you're ever going to find. I look forward to getting to know you guys here as the list comes highly recommended by some friends.

:jocolor:

Barracuda owners group from the yahoo web group? If so I was on there for a while but became very board with it and didnt stay.

Anyway, Wellcome aboard. Lots of cool cars here and great guys.

Billy

Welcome Dr.

Sounds like you have a nice fleet of mopes new and old. Have you had your neon to the track yet? Any ET's to share? :bounce:

One question ... who's cone's ya manglin ???? :scratch: :D :wink: :thumleft:

Chris

I'll hit California Speedway's 1/4 mile this Spring.
At Irwindale's 1/8th mile, it does 8.90's
1/8th mile isn't its strong suit. That's on street tires and its tough to hook up.

Its fully set up for handling, so its not the best drag racer in the world. I think its good for solid mid 13's though. In a car that will corner in excess of 1g that's not a bad number in street trim. If my rules allowed me some engine mods more than basic intake, exhaust, and timing/fuel curves, then I could easily so low 12's. I could run a lot more boost with my setup, but boost tampering is verbotten in SCCA Solo2 STU class.

I did increase timing to spool faster. And I had to add fuel to keep from detonating on pump gas. Cutting the fuel and running race gas would help, but its my daily driver and I'm cheap.
Running too rich obviously robs some HP. I had a Shelby Lancer a while back, but never modded it. So, I'm trying to learn these turbo ways as fast as I can. I'm more familiar with AFB's and TQ's.

Glad you made it

. I offered to set the BOG up with there own section of the board but no one was interested. Lots of great guys on the list. Wish they would all join up.

Steve, there's been too much band width on BOG the last year of so that I can't keep up. I don't even know what happened that got you bounced. Saw your last post to the BOG, it's too bad.

Good to see you here Dave.

I've heard there are a lot of my old Barracuda friends here.

Its complicated. What blew up yesterday has little to actually do with why I was banned. I chewed our worst member out, once again for responding repeatedly to a spambot. Some read the Koran BS yahoogroups get flooded with.

There is a long story about this particular member and problems. I had largely ignored the guy, but 22 members sent complaints to me so I had to do something starting several months ago.

Yesterday, he not only did the spam responses, but he slammed the moderators.

Now parallel to all this a group of "BOG-Elders" had formed to discuss ways to restore the list a little. Sort of an attempt to balance out things. Not heavy handed rules or moderation, but something. We invited Charlene to that forum. She freaked on us. Long stories and background there too.

So, my getting ticked off at this clown's 50th transgression, and insult of the moderators, resulted in a few harsh comments from me. Namely, this one: "If the moderators around here had any real balls, you'd be gone long ago."

Charlene stepped in and said okay, you want moderation, fine, and banned the moderator from the list completely. She also took the keys away from Tim and Dana the other two moderators. She said a lot of other completely whacked out things that prove to me there is no possible way to save the BOG as long as its her mailing list. You really need to read her post, its frightning. She is damaged goods. Pretty sad really to see somebody that bitter and angry at men and people with friends and lives.

I got to say EvilScamp.....

Find out what the girl is allergic too and always keep a supply on hand.

Steve,

In all the years of BS'n on the BOG never could I imagine what transpired yesterday buddy. That was total bull$&% in my book. It's pretty much sealed the deal with the BOG for me too. :evil:

But for what it's worth, this list just got that much richer. Welcome aboard. I haven't been here long but my short tenure here has opened my eyes to just how cool the other a bodies can be. There are some killer rides here and the owners seem to know how to build'em. :thumrigh:

Special thanks to Adam for setting this bad boy up and giving us outcasts a place to play. I'll try to behave... :wink:

Thanks to you guys for joining. I hope the other out casts of BOG show up. Time to peel the BOG sticker off the window.

I went out in the dark last night pulled up the car cover and ripped that BOG sticker off the car.

I love all Mopars. And even though my collections crown jewel is a six-barrel road runner. I am most fond of A-bodies. We raced primarily Darts and Dusters over the years. Occasionally, a B-body or E-body, but I really like lightweight cars. They drag better, they handle better, and they make more efficient street cars. I see my SRT-4 as the modern A body in relation to the Magnums and 300C's.

So, I don't diss on any mopar, but my heart is really tied to the A's.

I even like Scamps. :thumrigh:

Mr Mangler Sir
Just want to say Thanks for all the entertainment you have given me on the BOG!I rather enjoy your scathing editorials. I tend to lurk there alot trying to learn as much as I can, buy man oh man there is so much drama :pukel:
Welcome, you will enjoy it here.
One question though, are you worried your pal, Wolfnutballinsky might follow you here???
Bright Blessings ( sorry I had to do that, :lol: It will never happen again)

Sparky-

*LOL*

And some tainted kibble, roadkill, mothers can rest easy, dark blessings to ya'

:)

He can fallow if he likes. Im not affraid to ban if someone causes trouble. I give 3 strikes then see ya later. Ive only had to once so far though.

Ohh Sparky. You just had to do it didn't ya! For some reason I don't think he'll be frequent'n these parts if he smells a Steve-o lurkin around here.

If you haven't heard the stories, they don't call Steve the enforcer for nothing. Ask him about the feds that wet themselves when he messed with them. That's a good one, and they only get better from there.

As for the zingers he was posting to wolfy, He made me realize that coffee and popcorn can, and will, come out my nose if I laugh hard enough.

Dark blessing ohh sparky one..may the light be with you...

This picture is on my website

www.conemangler.com

Along with some history of my dad and Lambeck and my cars and current autocrossing stuff.

Here is the pic of my '69 Barracuda notch. Its a 318 car that I have converted to a 340S clone. It has a pretty stout 360 that was built with the goal of having more than 400ft lbs of torque for as wide an rpm band as possible. I want it to be a one gear autocross car. Able to scream from 2500 to 6500. A moderate stall converter and lightweight help that 2500 seem meaty. Atleast that's the hope. Because the car is way apart and the engine has never been fired.

Those front tires are 275-40-17 Kumho Victoracer V700 r-compounds on 17x9 Enkei RP01's weighing about 17.5lbs and having a 5.87" backspace. They require milling of the centerbore to work with disk brake hubs. And the tires will only fit with fender modification and that much backspace. Big tires on an A-body can be done, but not without mods, minor rubbing and close clearances.

The brakes are the big Cordoba rotors with Andy F.'s billet caliper adapters and lightweight Wilwood calipers. Not the best track day or street setup, but nearly ideal for autocross. I probably should have gone small rotors for weight, but I wanted to be able to do an occasional track day and the big rotors are needed for that.

car-wheel-r.JPG

car-wheel-r.JPG

No Snowymountainperson, it was not coffee and popcorn that was projected from my significant snoz, it was Presidents Choice diet cola, and it was all because of the "alter of holy squidom line" line that did it!
Mr. Mangler can I have permission to use that line here at work with some of the "squidish" I deal with? :lol:

The line is yours!

But I don't need a hard laugh to toss President's Choice Diet Cola. Holy TAB backwash... I use that stuff to clean the moss off my driveway.

OK, After reading a seeing the BOG logo I know what group you are talking about. I met them at the Nats 2 yrs ago and I must say they were kinda unfriendly. I was asking a few questions here and there and they acted like it was a chore to talk or to answer any questions. That was another reason I never went back. A short time after that I found this place, I havent gone anywhere else since.

Billy

The BOG has like 746 members that run the gamut. Some of my best friends. Some real jerks. Can't really characterize the whole place.

I'm a college prof and one of the things we sometimes talk about with colleagues is what makes a good class. You get some good leaders and its a positive. You get some whiners or troublemakers its a negative. The problem with groups is that the negative people can make more of an impact than the good.

With Internet groups is hard to go without any rules or moderation because the participation number is so high you're bound to run into the idiots. And they have the added effect of driving out good people, the ratio swings and you're dead.

The trick to guide people along, apply a little peer pressure, occasionally scream a touch and move on. It you whack the mole just enough they don't feel like they have free rain, the good people stay and everybody has a good time.

Its tough to balance that when the numbers get big.

I'd like to think our SoCal BOG people would be very inclusive and help anybody out. I have at events even when I was really busy working them. But I've heard people say our SoCal Goons were jerks (not often, but atleast 3 times now). I don't know how to explain that or what the situation was. I got some really good friends in that bunch. People I'd have in my wedding party or who I'd hope would speak at my funeral. Those kind of friends are priceless.

Ha! I just thought about Billy's post.

I better get that logo and link off my website!

Don't want to promote Charlene's punching bag.

-
Back