Dr. Diff 13" vs 12"

-

RAVano

Reaction score
Wondering what the better front brake option would be to run along with my Dr. DIFF 11.75 rear disc. Originally his 13" front kit is what I plan on running but recently I noticed he offers the 12" kit with Wilwood calipers. The car has 18" wheels but maybe down the road I'd like to have the option to run 15" big and little for that street/strip look. Your thoughts?

I little info on what car and what your looking for performance wise would be a good start .

I little info on what car and what your looking for performance wise would be a good start .
Nothing really crazy, 1971 Dart that will be a low budget Pro-Touring type daily driver. Won't see a race track.

Your brakes can NEVER be too big. If your doing the front you should match the rears to the same size. Stop on a dime & give change back to boot.

Here are the rears for reference. 11.7" rotors

20190118_213034.jpg

It’s not a 12” kit. It’s the 11.75” Mopar rotors from the later b/r bodies with caliper brackets/adaptors for the wilwood 4 piston calipers. So basically you’d have the same size rotors front and rear.

On his website DoctorDiff recommends the 11.7” rear kit for front disks 13” or larger. At the very least I’d say call him and see what he says. They’re his brake kits after all. You could dial the rear brakes back with an adjustable prop valve, but it seems like kind of a waste.

IMO just commit to the 18’s. I have DoctorDiff’s 13” cobra style brake kit on my Duster, it’s a great kit. It replaced a set of 11.75” rotors too, although that was with the stock Mopar calipers. The 13” kit was a noticeable upgrade.

Go for the 13" and forget 15" rims ever existed. You can't hardly get a 15" tire to compete with 17" and 18" offerings for the same money.

-
Back