Dr.diff brake converson

-

Slant Six Bumblebee

Reaction score
I am hoping to convert my 5 on 4 bolt patter drum brakes to 5 on 4.5 disc brakes but dont see a option for early a body front?

Screenshot (8).png

Correct. No bother. That's what this place is for.

once again stumped this time i read the options over and over and do not see a option for a body with manual brakes. Do i use my stock mastercylinder. i would prefer to keep manual do i just get the front disc rear drum combnation valve?

Screenshot (9).png

Here. I marked them for you.
upload_2022-8-29_19-54-56.png

"15/16" Bore w/4 Hole mount for all A bodies" (or choose the 1 1/32" master if you want. Both are listed "for all A bodies"- depends on the pedal feel you prefer)
"Add front disc/rear drum brake combination valve"

Last edited:
Here. I marked them for you.
View attachment 1715977858
"15/16" Bore w/4 Hole mount for all A bodies" (or choose the 1 1/32" master if you want. Both are listed "for all A bodies"- depends on the pedal feel you prefer)
"Add front disc/rear drum brake combination valve"
Actually, I believe he wants to make it manual disc. In that case, he would need to check the lower dot in the master cylinder section.

Actually, I believe he wants to make it manual disc. In that case, he would need to check the lower dot in the master cylinder section.
That's for the "studded" B/E body master- the holes are sized for press-in studs, and the nuts go inside the car.

That's for the "studded" B/E body master- the holes are sized for press-in studs, and the nuts go inside the car.
Years ago I ran into some power master cylinders that didn't have the groove in the piston for the manual push rod. Do they all have them now? It doesn't take much to knock out the studs.

Years ago I ran into some power master cylinders that didn't have the groove in the piston for the manual push rod. Do they all have them now? It doesn't take much to knock out the studs.
I'm guessing he has the studs preinstalled- that's why the other listing is for "all A bodies", and "B bodies with power brakes"- because those applications have the studs in the pedal bracket/firewall and in the booster, nuts on the master.

Do i Need a distrbution block?
Yes, since you said you are converting an early A, which had a single pot master cylinder and therefore a single inlet distribution block which is incompatible with your new setup.
Just call Dr. Diff to order- He'll answer all your questions and won't steer you wrong.

-
Back