Dr Diff rear disc conversion

-

TheBigDude

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out to Cass at Dr. Diff. I used his disc brake conversion on my 68 Dart with an 8 3/4 rear end, including new big bolt circle axles from Cass as well. The disc brake kit is complete, extremely well thought out in terms of the slick caliper bracket he provides. I looked at all the popular kits. IMO this kit wins on bang for the buck hands down. Piece of cake to install.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,263

Attachments

• Lowered wheel on Dart.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,135
  • disc brake in car.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 8.75 done almost.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,161
  • rotors on.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,124
  • axles in.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,147
  • caliper spacer and foam gasket.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,163
Glad to hear it was a nice install. Looks good for sure, those are on my winter list...

I did not see an E-brake system. Is there one?

Yes, for an extra $100 he'll send you a cable. I may not have hooked it up in my pictures. That was the last thing my friend and I put on the rear end.

Nope. Just bbp. The brake system and axles does push out your wheels a bit.

FYI, Trapster, I asked Cass about a sbp version, and he told me he could do it for an extra $100.

As mentioned above there is an E brake. I got the cable from Cass. If I get it together this weekend I'll post a pic.

Any chance a 14" ralley will fit over that, I see in most kits they require a 15" wheel minimum?

..how much have you improved your stopping ability?

I don't know since I had worn out shoes in the back and my pads for the KH fronts were glazed over. I'm also adding 13" fronts with knock-off Brembos.

Attachments

• disc brake in car.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 792
  • 13 inch disc brake mach up.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 732
What rotor is used?

I'm not sure. I think my rears are a cheaper aftermarket Mustang rotor (11.7"). Don't get the drilled rotors like I did. Just get the slotted. I've started to hear some people getting small rotor cracking.

He told me it won't fit on my S-60 with my 15" wheels and 4.5" back spacing.

It all depends on your setup. I know on mine, it moved my rotor face-to-face distance quite a bit more on each side. Maybe 0.5" or so.

15 X 8 with 4.5 backspace on my new axles with disc conversion. I didn't measure the rotor face to face before I mounted the wheels but if anybody wants that measurement I'd be happy to do it. I'm not sure how much that number changed. I do, however, have to roll the passenger wheel well lip but that's mostly due to my new wheels not having the 5 inch backspace of my old wheels. Couldn't find cop wheels with 5 inch back space and didn't have time to mess around with getting some made.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 710
15 X 8 with 4.5 backspace on my new axles with disc conversion. I didn't measure the rotor face to face before I mounted the wheels but if anybody wants that measurement I'd be happy to do it. I'm not sure how much that number changed. I do, however, have to roll the passenger wheel well lip but that's mostly due to my new wheels not having the 5 inch backspace of my old wheels. Couldn't find cop wheels with 5 inch back space and didn't have time to mess around with getting some made.

I measured it over a month ago and mine seemed to be about 58.175" if not a little more. The bbp axles push it out further compared to the sbp axles and then you have the rotor face.

My 10.7" rear disc brake kit WILL fit 14" and 15" Rallye wheels.

My 11.7" rear disc brake kit will NOT fit 14" and 15" Rallye wheels.

I have been running this setup for a few years now with a lot of autox and road course action. It has worked great and a lot cheaper than a wilwood setup.

-
Back