Dr. Diff spring relocation kit

-

rdwsp

Reaction score
Bought kit with the hangers and the offset shackles moved the eight and three-quarter purchase over a half inch on each side what's the biggest tire I can put on a 15 x 8 rim and what backspace should I use please help I know this is been asked a million times. But I actually pulled the trigger on all items today,1972 dart swinger

I had 28/11.50/15s on the back of my 65 Valiant with a similar kit.

I run 275/60/15s with a 15x8 wheel on my 68 Dart w/ the springs moved in 1/2". You have to nail the backspacing dead nuts to run that size tire on a Dart. I believe the backspacing on mine is 4.75".

I run 275/60/15s with a 15x8 wheel on my 68 Dart w/ the springs moved in 1/2". You have to nail the backspacing dead nuts to run that size tire on a Dart. I believe the backspacing on mine is 4.75".
Thank you very much for the reply it is on a a body housing I'm moving over 1/2 inch just like yours thanks you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that bad boy would you

Your probably going to want something with around 5.25" of backspacing then if you want to run an 8" wide rim. Measure is the best way to know. A Percy's Wheel Rite is a good investment.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002L1GFQE/?tag=fabo03-20

The reason I asked what rear housing is a lot of guys will run a 66-67 B-Body rear housing, they are wider than an A-body housing requiring more backspacing.

Thank you very much for the reply it is on a a body housing I'm moving over 1/2 inch just like yours thanks you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that bad boy would you

What brakes are you using? It matters. A-body brake stand-off is a different length than the BBP axle brake offset used on other body styles. I've got BBP axles and associated brake offset on my Dart.

Anyhow, here are a couple photos - 15 x 8 steelies with 4.75" backspacing:

upload_2021-1-25_19-20-43-png.png

upload_2021-1-25_19-20-31-png.png

-
Back