Drag car

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about this drag car?

2186584779_feb6a60b1c_o.jpg

Alls I can say is that it's really ugly, really weird.... I'm not even entirely sure if the body is an actual superbird, its like they took a bunch of cars and spliced them together.

Alls I can say is that it's really ugly, really weird.... I'm not even entirely sure if the body is an actual superbird, its like they took a bunch of cars and spliced them together.

It's not a Superbird. It is a Early A body 64-66 Barracuda to be exact. So do you still have that Barracuda with a 383 Chevy engine?

Didn't we recently see a FB fish that had the same treatment applied?

There outta be a law. That pic looks like it was done during the heyday of Timothy Leary and LSD.

It's not a Superbird. It is a Early A body 64-66 Barracuda to be exact. So do you still have that Barracuda with a 383 Chevy engine?

I made a dumb mistake of jumping to conclusions then checked the engine codes. It's a 383 mopar out of a 1964 era car. Give me a break, I'm a young guy and don't know everything there is about mopars. I still think that car is ugly! :booty:

DD that was the only picture I found.
damn

I made a dumb mistake of jumping to conclusions then checked the engine codes. It's a 383 mopar out of a 1964 era car. Give me a break, I'm a young guy and don't know everything there is about mopars. I still think that car is ugly! :booty:
i think he was joking lol

That montstrosity of a car looks similar to one that a guy on the West Coast cobbled together back in the 70s. His name was/is Big Willie and he started The Brotherhood of Street Racers out here. I think that was the name of the club.

In fact, he was at MATS last year and at Fall Fling. He had his car there. So sad. It was beat up and looked horrible.

I like it. I think it's cool.

Looks like Big willies 64 but I can't get the picture to load. I'll try again. Click on the heading above where the picture should be and it takes you to the site.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/7552532@N07/2186584701/"]After pictures of BIG WILLIE'S 1964 Plymouth Barracuda | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2346/2186584701_21fff689c8_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@2186584701@@AMEPARAM@@21fff689c8[/ame]

Ink I clicked on it and the picture opened up for me. Did anyone notice the green Doba behind that Barracuda on LSD?

did some digging :glasses7:

Attachments

• one13.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 381
  • one24.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 369
  • bigw2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 400
It's a little ugly by todays standards.
The more I look at it though the more I like it. It has the Biggest tires on an early "A" I have ever seen. It's low. It looks lightweight. It's everything a drag racer should be. The fact that Big Willie owned and/or built it makes it just that much cooler.

Not sure why its a 64. The body looks more 66 to me looking at the rear quarters and tail lights.

It's a little ugly by todays standards.
The more I look at it though the more I like it. It has the Biggest tires on an early "A" I have ever seen. It's low. It looks lightweight. It's everything a drag racer should be. The fact that Big Willie owned and/or built it makes it just that much cooler.

Not sure why its a 64. The body looks more 66 to me looking at the rear quarters and tail lights.

I would say a heavy modified 66 and was later changed around to look totally different with a Daytona style fiberglass nose and round taillights.

That montstrosity of a car looks similar to one that a guy on the West Coast cobbled together back in the 70s. His name was/is Big Willie and he started The Brotherhood of Street Racers out here. I think that was the name of the club.

In fact, he was at MATS last year and at Fall Fling. He had his car there. So sad. It was beat up and looked horrible.

knd of looks like one of his.

Attachments

• 100_5486.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 343
2186584701_21fff689c8_z.jpg

I saw that car last spring fling when he got his award, and I totally didnt realize it was an A, and I have owned a 65 for over 20 years! that is one homogloted car!

I saw Willie at the Grove last summer its the paint, his car was bad *** in the day.

I like this car lots of work, I think the concept would make a great a salt flats car but its been done.

Attachments

• b2L.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 275
  • b1S.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 258
  • b3L.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 278
-
Back