Drag Dart

-

Bradpunk77

Reaction score
Let me start by saying the last post that was made by "me" wasn't me at all. I had just set up an account and my buddy thought it would be ok to straight up bullshit all of u with a ridiculous post about traction and smokin a 10.5 slick at the 1/8th. My sincere apologies.

My 73 Dart is stripped of everything it doesn't need. Its a race car, not street. Has a 383 bb, custom ground cam, balanced and blueprinted, 727, ford 9" w/ 4.56's, Crane hi 6 ignition, hurst quarter stick, rci cell, holley 110gph electric pump, full cage, weld rims, 15x4 front and 15x8 rear w/9.5 M/T et streets, Lakewood drag shocks, Caltracs, Sub frame connectors, tubbed to the frame (4"?) lexan rear windows.
I have purchased a offy tunnel ram with twin 450's that will be installed soon.
What et do u think this set up should run?
Anyone have a similar setup? What issues have u had?

Currently a 750 carter sits atop an edelbrock 383 torker intake. (for sale soon)

This will be my first time down the track with this car as soon as mission opens. Only been down the track once years ago.
I am very open to suggestions, how to get my car down the track and anything related.
Also I am looking for a "cheap" carhauler.
Thanx, Brad

Welcome!..... Might check out the Racer's Forum. Thare are 10,11,12 second car & combination/E.T. sticky threads in there.

you want to run fast...get rid of eddy/carter carbs..and put a holley double pumper on it...try a single 750 holley double pumper...

Let me start by saying the last post that was made by "me" wasn't me at all. I had just set up an account and my buddy thought it would be ok to straight up bullshit all of u with a ridiculous post about traction and smokin a 10.5 slick at the 1/8th. My sincere apologies.

My 73 Dart is stripped of everything it doesn't need. Its a race car, not street. Has a 383 bb, custom ground cam, balanced and blueprinted, 727, ford 9" w/ 4.56's, Crane hi 6 ignition, hurst quarter stick, rci cell, holley 110gph electric pump, full cage, weld rims, 15x4 front and 15x8 rear w/9.5 M/T et streets, Lakewood drag shocks, Caltracs, Sub frame connectors, tubbed to the frame (4"?) lexan rear windows.

Currently a 750 carter sits atop an edelbrock 383 torker intake. (for sale soon)

to give an educated guess on performance....going to need alot more info....compression...cam specs....cylinder heads...cylinder head flow data..how much does the car weight...converter flash rpm...

I agree with 70aar, get rid of the eddy carb. Find a decent 4779 Holley and start tuning on it. If you are race only, plug the power valves and get a decent selection of jets and go from there.

Few years ago I ran a similar setup. 383 with the ole 509 cam, edelbrock tm6 with a 750 double pumper, fender well headers, 9 inch with 4.11's. stock compression 69 block with a little headwork. 28x9x14 slicks and it ran consistently low 12's shifting at 6k. Best ET was 11:70 at Maple Grove here in Pa. Simple yes, fun and cheap to run also yes. After I put in an 8 point cage the weight went up to I believe 3250. Have to factor in track prep, elevation, shift points ect. but I would say low 13's to low 12's. I ran initially with a 750 Carter and it was slower, don't remember the times as it's been a few years ago, but the Holley picked the car up. Do remember running the carter when running the 1/4 mile it would run out of gas at the top end, even going thru the carb and using the strip kit. The holley right out of the box with only a small step up from stock jetting I never had any fuel starvation issues. Good luck and have fun.:supz:

Welcome from over the hills in Chilliwack, right near mission!! I'm a tech inspector there. I'm sure I'll see ya! I have a 75 Dart SE come say hi.

-
Back