drag race frontend alignment

-

440outlawdart

Reaction score
going to take my car to the frontend alignment shop in a week or 2 after putting on new parts,what should be a good drag race frontend alignment and frontend travel

Is this a stock or modified suspension,does it have suspension limiters?Do you run 90/10 shocks,automatic or stick?does it have a trans brake? A lot of question need to be addressed to tell you the correct specs,and you need to know the running height of the car?mrmopartech 450 424 0445

When aligning, you need to raise the body the same amount that it settles into, after launch. How do you know you have bump steer?

If you car is a coil over set up,raise the car until the 2 wheels come off the alignment lift and then bring down the the wheels to touch and then lower it again by 1 inch,this is normally where you run the car at full throttle.Check what the readings are at this point,and try to get the best caster and camber you can,the big item is the toe.As what happens with drag cars is,as the car lifts,it toe,s in a insane amount and the tires tilt in(negative camber) and that goes off the charts,causing the tie rods to pull the tires in,to such a bad point that they tear the outside of the tire off,(with a stock suspension).Yours will be able to set each setting pretty good,just set the toe at the 1 inch down from max travel,mrmopartech

It is a drag racing application only. PBD, Your specs are closer to the typical performance street app than Drag race app. Just FYI.

Bill S.

It is a drag racing application only. PBD, Your specs are closer to the typical performance street app than Drag race app. Just FYI.

Bill S.
Mine works fine for Drag only for me,but don,t have coilover shocks.I have over 500 passes with my last alignment,still running straight at the strip.:burnout:

Scott, your little car looks so good leavin. You got that thing workin so good.

-
Back