Drag race High

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
do any of yu guys watch drag race high? This season one of the schools on the show(el Camino) is down the street from me and they have a nice car going there....i'll see if i can get some behind the sence shoots when i go up there....

I think the series was filmed last fall. Not sure though. Isn't the final show going to be on this week? I think all of the behind the scenes stuff has already happened.

Its ok but its really boring. And there is never any mopar stuff. Everyone there thinks a bowtie makes it fast.

I think drag racing high is a terrible idea! you should be sober when you take your car down the track at 130+mph... :-D

Its ok but its really boring. And there is never any mopar stuff. Everyone there thinks a bowtie makes it fast.

They have a point....amass $3K and see how many Chevy parts it will buy you compared to Mopar parts. Heads alone are 1/2 the price.

I got very bored and disappointed with the first season and the non-finishing school's lame efforts. I'll never watch another one.

They have to have more than 3k to put in those cars. 3k isnt alot 0f money to use when it comes to a 10 5 car. there coming with brand new motors. and they paint the cars which is more than 3k. they do alot more than a 3000 dollar limit. they have to

They have to have more than 3k to put in those cars. 3k isnt alot 0f money to use when it comes to a 10 5 car. there coming with brand new motors. and they paint the cars which is more than 3k. they do alot more than a 3000 dollar limit. they have to

Final episode was on tonight. Make that an 8.5 car. Don't remember the exact numbers but they were in the mid to low 8's IIRC. The winning car had one run over 170 trap speed.

I don't know how much money each team started with but they hit the phones for donations. I remember one team was given an aluminum Dart block & heads. Tonight they put both cars on a chassis dyno. One made 500 something HP & the other made over 700. They were supposed to stay under 750, but I think that was without any spray, & spray was unlimited. The guys with the 500 something motor used a 300 or 350 shot progressive system. The other guys used a smaller system & lost their first race. They wanted to switch to a bigger plate but they were hot lapping with 10 minutes (I think) between rounds. They ended up losing the second race too. As I understood it, on the third race they had a leak on a line at one of the solenoids. They weren't given time to work on it so they shut off the valve on the nitrous bottle & tried to build pressure, probably by heating the bottle. Forgot to turn it back on for the final run & fell flat on their face.

I think drag racing high is a terrible idea! you should be sober when you take your car down the track at 130+mph... :-D

Nah, give it a try sometime, you'll think your goin 30 instead of 130 it's pretty crazy stuff man.

BTW the lack of mopars on tv sucks period, but watchin 2 schools build 8sec cars is kinda cool, the chevelle went 8.05 that's nuts

I've watched it from the beginning but this year sucked! The instructors are idiots, the kids budding criminals and the cars were built by pros "advising" the kids that were given high-end parts for free! What they should do is make the kids build the cars from scratch using junkyard parts and actually have the kids DO the work instead of standing by while some pro builds/dynos their motor, paints the car & welds the chassis. Waht are you teaching them----how to go out & get stuff done? This season was garbage...........

I say that too. Let the kids salvage the parts and do the work themselves with some guidance. That way they learn. The way they're doing it they are just spectators.

Last year was better t.v., but those cars were built and all decesissions made by the grown-ups...much more skripted. This year it was obvious the kids did much more then the first year. Anyone with kids that are in highschool that spend any time with their kid would agree that these kids are typical of todays generation...kinda scary. Thankfully, as in real life, there are a couple of natural born leaders that stepped in and kept things going. One episode showed the kids at the Winternationals going thru a competition showing their knowledge of automotive mechanic's. Reminds me of when Plymouth used to hold an annual comptition where they would supply cars that had to be diagnosed and fixed. 8.0's is very impressive with very little shake-down time. Then there was the NHRA/Clay/Cruz show...just in real life, they are trying to direct the show."do this...don't do that".. The dyno crap should have been done days prior, and the Camaro should have been given time to fix what they needed to fix. try to "hot lap" new 8 second cars...all that was missing was the arm-drop from baldy...

if they would have left the sponsors out and ban donations the show would be great. I was big into cars at 17 but still could not have known how to build a 11sec much less 8 flat NOS car correctly . I say give them 10 grand, a little help and a Jegs or Summit. Plus...I have been welding for many years now. Im not getting in a 170MPH car a 17 year old welded up. The show sucks.

Watched the final episode and the cars were amazing peices, chevy or not. These high school kids, with help obviously, managed to build two cars that ran LOW 8s. One of them ran an 8.0 and the other I think had a low time of 8.2 or 8.3 or something.

Last year was better t.v., but those cars were built and all decesissions made by the grown-ups...much more skripted. This year it was obvious the kids did much more then the first year. Anyone with kids that are in highschool that spend any time with their kid would agree that these kids are typical of todays generation...kinda scary. Thankfully, as in real life, there are a couple of natural born leaders that stepped in and kept things going. One episode showed the kids at the Winternationals going thru a competition showing their knowledge of automotive mechanic's. Reminds me of when Plymouth used to hold an annual comptition where they would supply cars that had to be diagnosed and fixed. 8.0's is very impressive with very little shake-down time. Then there was the NHRA/Clay/Cruz show...just in real life, they are trying to direct the show."do this...don't do that".. The dyno crap should have been done days prior, and the Camaro should have been given time to fix what they needed to fix. try to "hot lap" new 8 second cars...all that was missing was the arm-drop from baldy...

And pretty sure "baldy" could kick your A**, lol. I like Pinks all out.... the regular pinks show he has, not so much

I've watched it from the beginning but this year sucked! The instructors are idiots, the kids budding criminals and the cars were built by pros "advising" the kids that were given high-end parts for free! What they should do is make the kids build the cars from scratch using junkyard parts and actually have the kids DO the work instead of standing by while some pro builds/dynos their motor, paints the car & welds the chassis. Waht are you teaching them----how to go out & get stuff done? This season was garbage...........

They did all the things that you just said that they didn't do. It was a huge learning thing i would think. There's only so much that you guys can see in a half hour show guys.

I mean, there was A LOT that we didnt see. And a lot of that was probably of the kids doing work. Once episode one kid was learning to airbrush custom graphics.... you dont consider that learning?

-
Back