Drag raced my Scamp

-

68dodge

Reaction score
Finally got my 440 Scamp down to the track. Ran a 12.09 @111.75. Not bad for a street car. My 60'-1.737, 1/8-7.7121. At least my hole set-up worked out pretty good.

carlisle Scamp2.JPG

Sweet ride man, what's that front bumper lip off of? kinda looks like a road racer with it.

congrat's on a day you will always remember:cheers: Nice scamp and fast to, The best of booth worlds :-D

Very nice Scamp and an impressive time as well. I'll bet 11's will be easy from here.

nice car, what tires you runnin?? tubbed?? that's a quick street car what gas does it take??[/quote

The tires are M/T Sportman Pros, 28x12.50s. The car is mini tubbed with the springs relocated inboard. It does run on 93 pump gas.

Very nice under hood job with the foam around the K&N air cleaner. What kind of scoop are you running? How's the 440 built up? What rear end gear? Pictures please. :) Thank you!

Here is a few more pictures. The motor is .030 over with Edlebrock RPM Heads, Edlebrock RPM intake, Edlebrock 800 CFM carb, Electric fuel pump, electric water pump and fan, 10.5:1 compression, Motor was balanced as well as line bored and decked, .500 lift cam, Shumacker headers with 2 1/2 inch exhaust, Mopar electronic ignition with a fuel cell. A pretty simple set-up. I have a 8 3/4 rear narrowed with 4:10s. Disc brakes all around.

68.JPG

75.JPG

eng1.JPG

eng2.JPG

very nice car! Very nice for a street car at the track, that is fast... PS how much stall is in the convertor etc. and what size brand you running?

Betcha it felt great to finally get it down the track.

Looks like ya got her set up just right for a nice driver/strip car.

This car is even better looking in person. Love the custom dash cluster. And sounds swweeetttt! Hey, Bruce, you might get into the 11's if you let your son drive it...lol :-D

This car is even better looking in person. Love the custom dash cluster. And sounds swweeetttt! Hey, Bruce, you might get into the 11's if you let your son drive it...lol :-D

Thanks alot !! You have to rub it in, Just because my son drove my drag car a .10 quicker then me. How is everything going? :-D

Thanks alot !! You have to rub it in, Just because my son drove my drag car a .10 quicker then me. How is everything going? :-D

Had to have a little fun..I'm impressed with the times, especially with the car being street driven like it is. After seeing and hearing the car up close though, and seeing how well built and well thought out it is, I'm not surprised at the ETs. 11's are right around the corner.
Everything's going good here. Pop and I got our project into my garage. Trying to figure out where to start and still keep the garage operational. My wife's co-workers think I'm the greatest for working on cars, so want to continue that for the winter (I'm honest and I'm cheap!) Check out "Any interest...?" on the Restoration thread for that one, if you haven't already.
Going down today to help Jamison with some preliminary teardown on his Duster so we can get a better look on some things. We know what needs to be done, but still wanting to see what's there. Check out "Jamison's '72 Dustpan" for that one. Will be posting more pics today as we strip some parts.
How's things on your end, besides one fine, fast ride?

Beeautiful!!! The engine compartment is Super clean!!! I love the way all the wiring and lines are hidden as much as possible. Very fast to boot.

Thanks to all for your kind word on how nice my car is. It has taken alot of time and $$$$$ to do this. Bruce.

carlisle Scamp2.JPG

-
Back