Drag Radials Are Comming...............

-
Excuse me sir... I believe you owe us some pictures of them on the car!

Yep, here ya go!!

I went in to my work today and mounted them up, glad to see the rims are straight and took very little weight to balance out. They are a little taller than the other tires, (both 255/60 15's, 15x6 rims), but seem to fit great! Took it out for a test drive, no rubbing, and man, these things hook good!! They still sping a lot in first but I also didn't heat them up too much, also, the air pressure is at 32psi, lower than and it will be better. I notice it most when banging through the gears, they don't spin as much into fourth gear and man, this sucker pulls hard when it gets traction!! :toothy10::toothy10:

Picture 990.jpg

Picture 991.jpg

Picture 999.jpg

Picture 996.jpg

Picture 1003.jpg

Picture 993.jpg

Picture 992.jpg

They Look good. You will have to let us know how many miles you get out of them.

The street tires that were on the car were half worn out and less than a year old! I probably won't be frying the M/T's as much......but then again....\\:D/

They look great on there.... man I like yoru car. Thats the same wheel combo I want to run on whatever I end up building.... I love that classic drag racing look!

The street tires that were on the car were half worn out and less than a year old! I probably won't be frying the M/T's as much......but then again....\\:D/

LOL! Ya just think now after you do a burnout and say. "I just layed down 20 bucks of rubber on the road". HAHA

LOL! Ya just think now after you do a burnout and say. "I just layed down 20 bucks of rubber on the road". HAHA

I know....:angry7: I will be sure to keep the other tires mounted so I can do burnouts and make some more vids!

Excuse me sir... I believe you owe us some pictures of them on the car!

Here are a couple of the pics I took today of the E.T's I bought this week. They are 275 60R15 and fit just right. providing the springs are moved in a few inches.

tires 001.jpg

tires 006.jpg

Man, those look great. Mine hooked best with 16lbs.

Mickey Thompson claim anywear from 16 to 20 psi I'll be taking to the track Friday, I'll start with 16lbs and see how the workout, on the street I have 35 and they seem to rum okay, any suggestions for street PSI?

those look great! i cant wait to get my steel wheels on the back of the valiant. now get that thing to the track.

Nice looking tire!

I like the way they look on your car.

I was just wondering when does someone need to install screws on the inside of the wheel to keep the wheel from turning inside the tire? I've seen it done numerous times. It just pops up in my mind when drag tires are mentioned. I think it is done most of the time if the wheels are chrome plated because they are slick.

You are running a drive shaft loop I hope. lol

Correction, I am running SS Mopar springs and adjustable front hangers, sorry I forgot, this may help for a little more room, but everything else is stock or stock location.

Mullinax, I have a Lakewood loop but it is still on the shelf....will need to get it in!

Nice looking tire!

I like the way they look on your car.

I was just wondering when does someone need to install screws on the inside of the wheel to keep the wheel from turning inside the tire? I've seen it done numerous times. It just pops up in my mind when drag tires are mentioned. I think it is done most of the time if the wheels are chrome plated because they are slick.

You are running a drive shaft loop I hope. lol

You`ve got to make some serious hp and hook up really good to spin the tire on the rim but if you think you might be there, mark the rim and tire and see if the marks move.

Mullinax, I have a Lakewood loop but it is still on the shelf....will need to get it in!

I auctioned mine off when we was trying to raise money around x-mas for Mary. I couldn't get it to fit correctly with my exhaust in the way. I need one just in case but have not looked very hard for one that will maybe fit. I took a friend of mine for a spin and he asked did I have one and I said no.... he said you need to get one! LOL!

You`ve got to make some serious hp and hook up really good to spin the tire on the rim but if you think you might be there, mark the rim and tire and see if the marks move.

I had a 68 Charger with weld wheels and a 383 , 4.10 gears, auto, and 3000 stall. I screwed those wheels to the tires just to make sure. I bought some drag radials for that car.... man that car would hook and fly!

I had a 68 Charger with weld wheels and a 383 , 4.10 gears, auto, and 3000 stall. I screwed those wheels to the tires just to make sure. I bought some drag radials for that car.... man that car would hook and fly![/QUOTE]

Yeah I don`t think there`s a formula for it like (500hp= screw tires to rim), more of a case by case. Anyway it`s fun trying to make`em spin on the rim.

did you ever get to measure the diameter of those slicks? and how much clearance you still have left between the tire and front of the quarter panel?

did you ever get to measure the diameter of those slicks? and how much clearance you still have left between the tire and front of the quarter panel?

Sorry I forgot but I took some pics just now for ya! Looks to be about 1 1/2" clearance between the front of the tire and the fender lip. Tire height is 27.10 inches and tire overall width is 10.70 inches.

Picture 1027.jpg

Picture 1028.jpg

-
Back