Drag radials on stock 14 x 6 rims

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why do that when all I have is a small bolt pattern 7 1/4 that I'm going to end up blowing up and won't be able to reuse the rims or tires so would be point less to spend all that money on buying rims that are sbp and not being able to reuse them on a bigger rear end in the future

You just answered your own question. Don't bother. The way you say "all that money" when I talk about a $50 spot makes me wonder why your even trying to do anything at all, short of the tune up, oil change and tire pressure check. I'm all about the inexpensive build, but cheap, fast, good; pick two. Speed costs money, and your going on about $100, when you need cash to even bother racing, like, what if i need a tow because my cheap build broke down, and spewed oil all over the track. Or I blew an axle and look like that dude from the video every is laughing at when he got on it and the rear-end fell out of the back in front of McDonalds.

Why you gotta be a dick why don't you go bother some one else and be a smart *** there I never asked for your opinion in the first place if you didn't have anything help to say then keep it to your damn self

Why you gotta be a dick why don't you go bother some one else and be a smart *** there I never asked for your opinion in the first place if you didn't have anything help to say then keep it to your damn self

You asked ALL of US on a public forum. And I AM helping you, by giving you advice to rethink your approach to save you some heart, headache, un-needed stress and drama. Been there, done that, have several t-shirts that say 'Fore-sight is gift' on them.

It's not a full blown dragster it's a toy if it breaks no big deal I have a trailer I have a truck a new one at that it's just something I can play with and not spend a whole lot on before you keep opening you big mouth about **** you don't know Mr Internet tough guy that I could care less about I came here I asked a question your the only one that keeps running there mouth about **** that they know nothing about its my car my money I can do what I want with if I want to blow I can

It's not a full blown dragster it's a toy if it breaks no big deal I have a trailer I have a truck a new one at that it's just something I can play with and not spend a whole lot on before you keep opening you big mouth about **** you don't know Mr Internet tough guy that I could care less about I came here I asked a question your the only one that keeps running there mouth about **** that they know nothing about its my car my money I can do what I want with if I want to blow I can

First off: Grow some thicker skin.

Second: He's 100 percent right on the rim issue. 14 and 15 inch rim sizes are dang near nonexistent these days locally and you normally have to order them and wait a few days, not a big deal I know. But let me say this, last year I bout 4, Fusion brand tires for my dart just to roll it around on, I paid 150 a tire. A few months later, I bought a set of 17s for my Caliber, same brand, same model, it was 95 bucks a tire...... 17s and 18s are pretty much standard these days with 18s catching on quickly.

3rd: a bigger rim will give you more out of a performance tire. That's a fact backed by racing and physics. But if it's not a full blown drag car, you don't really have a need for drag radials. A good all around performance tire will probably do the job for you

4th: If you're gonna put drag radials on a 7.25, it probably won't last more than a pass or 2 and then you're looking at anywhere from 500 to over a 1000 to put either a 8.75 or Dana 60 under it. So you may as well go ahead and plan for that expense now. I know this from trying it on a 73 duster in 2008 with a 318 swapped in. A stock 318.

5th: Your small bolt pattern is gonna limit you as you've stated. However, keep in mind that A body 8.75s were small bolt pattern as well. So the rims would interchange. If you're wanting to upgrade to the big bolt pattern, I'd do that prior to ordering anything else including the drag radials. Also, you can get 17s amd pretty much any rim size and bolt pattern you need from your local pull a part for less than half that of a new set. So that can save you some coin too.

6th: When that 7 25 blows, not if, but when, there's chances it will damage the tires and who knows what else if it let's go in a big enough fashion. On that 73 duster, the axle shaft snapped and the wheel/tire pulled itself right of the housing and the car landed on top of it. Buckling up the rear quarter panel.

7th: you're 100 percent right. It is your money. But some of us have been down the same path you're trying to go down and it ended up costing us more money, more headache and more time in the long run. Ultimately, then choice is yours and it won't matter to anyone of us if it works out or doesn't.

So calm down, take a breath and relax before jumping all over a guy for making a suggestion.

But why do that when all I have is a small bolt pattern 7 1/4 that I'm going to end up blowing up and won't be able to reuse the rims or tires so would be point less to spend all that money on buying rims that are sbp and not being able to reuse them on a bigger rear end in the future

:happy1: :happy1:

You're asking about slicks on 14's w/sbp?
And poison/woods 74 doesn't know **** lol (but apparently you do so why the post)?

If you know the dinky 7 1/4 is going to blow why bother get yourself a "real" rearend..instead of coming to the track and making a mess all over the starting line pissing off your fellow racers..

I was looking for opinion from some one that does run with the 14 inch rims what does it matter your not goin to be at my local track any ways so what does it matter if I go out here and break a rear end weather it be on the track or on the street once again THIS IS A TOY NOT MY DAILY DRIVER what's next you all going to hound me for having drum brake or my 200 doller 318 or my cheap trans I don't give a **** what you done with your car or any of that this is my car Im the one that pays for the parts if I blow the 7 1/4 I'll just get another one until I'm ready to get my bigger rear end and I never said I was going to a 8 3/4 I'm probably going 9 inch or dana 60 I don't know yet I'll figure that out when I cross that road but as of right now I'm sticking with what I got to work with my 7 1/4 14 x 6 rear end and rims cause in this whole car including what I traded to get the car I only have 2000 that's motor new cam heads intake carb msd 6al trans the drive shaft cut down and the miscellaneous items I had to have so don't tell me I can't do this cheap

Well if you notice the u bolts broke on the rear that hold the axle to the springs

John Q public doesn't know, nor does it matter, the difference between breaking a set of U bolts, sending an axle out the back; and breaking an axle shaft and sending a wheel or two into the other lane or behind you; especially when you knew better. Both endanger you and everyone else in the area. Think 'reckless driving' and assumed 'non-insured motorist' ticket.

But, from your general attitude and treatment of others so far on here you've indicated that your all about the trashy drama lifestyle, have at it boss. Unfortunately, from past observations, folks with your 'aura' don't last long here. Just a friendly heads up, got to drop the pride man.

I was looking for opinion from some one that does run with the 14 inch rims what does it matter your not goin to be at my local track any ways so what does it matter if I go out here and break a rear end weather it be on the track or on the street once again THIS IS A TOY NOT MY DAILY DRIVER what's next you all going to hound me for having drum brake or my 200 doller 318 or my cheap trans I don't give a **** what you done with your car or any of that this is my car Im the one that pays for the parts if I blow the 7 1/4 I'll just get another one until I'm ready to get my bigger rear end and I never said I was going to a 8 3/4 I'm probably going 9 inch or dana 60 I don't know yet I'll figure that out when I cross that road but as of right now I'm sticking with what I got to work with my 7 1/4 14 x 6 rear end and rims cause in this whole car including what I traded to get the car I only have 2000 that's motor new cam heads intake carb msd 6al trans the drive shaft cut down and the miscellaneous items I had to have so don't tell me I can't do this cheap

Some of us HAVE . Youre also not the only one that is on a tight budget. No one in this thread has dissed you for having a 318 or anything. Not a single one. Run what you have. Thats hot rodding 101. However, were also not gonna give you advice that is gonna get your car damaged, you or others hurt. That's what YOU ARE NOT getting. We're not the ones with an attitude. You asked for help, we've tried that. You want to **** an attitude with every poster, hey that's on you. You also contradict yourself. " i want to hear from those who run 14s....blah blah blah" then you turn around and say you dont want to hear what others have done. You're impossible. Im just gonna tell you to go pound sand. Hopefully the rest will do the same. I just hope no one gets hurt or worse by your recklessness. And I hope someone catches your breakage on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back