Drag strips closing every Day!

-
Even with the Lone Star state being 268 thousand square miles I hear yet about another drag strip closing down over here, there and everywhere. With all the BS coming at us from those who want to cram EV down our throat the saddest part is boys will be boys and street racing is on a major rise! As a friend and I was recently discussing back in the days when we had the old Mustangs, Camaros, Barracudas and the likes (1975).... those cars where just what we thought was fast. They produced 150 to 250 HP and yes, we thought we were John Force OK .....I get it but the cars of today are a different animal. The cars of today that some kids Dad is buying for him/her at the dealerships are very capable of massive horsepower are not for some high school young punk who do not realize how easily that car can and will get out from underneath you and some adults either for the record. Its not the the damage from a wreck caused that's the most tragic thing from holding down the pedal to long its the lose of a young persons life who really had no business in a Dodge Demon- Hell cat, Coyote Mustang and the likes. Its only going to get worse as these young folks do not have a safe place to run these cars as more and more of the dragstrips close.
skiview in southern tier of nys is re opening

-
Back