Dream Car Purchase

-
Hmm... 7 out of 26 are votes for A bodies. Am I on the wrong forum?

E Body: FM3 Hemi Convertible w/ white interior or a Black on Black Hemi Cuda coupe w/ Orange stripes and interior
4 Spd. of course

B Body: `71 GTX Platinum Silver
Black interior
Go-Wing
440 6 Bbl.
4 Spd.

`68 Barracuda Fastback
L1 Turquoise (I've grown to love that color...) or M1 Bronze
340 for a driver
383 if I was collecting
4 spd.
3.55 SG
Black Bench Seat Interior
Rallye Dash w/ Tach
Head rests
AM-FM
R/ Defogger
A/C
Light Group
Disc Brakes
Rocker Gills
Wide belt moldings
Stock wheels w/ Dog Dishes

Gee.... I just came close to ordering my car.
:-D
SANY0033-vi.jpg

'69 Daytona in Q5 with a white stripe, black interior, Hemi 4 speed.

Then I'd flash forward a few years to '71 and give myself a birthday present.

A black '71 Challenger R/T convertible with a 440.

'69 Daytona in Q5 with a white stripe, black interior, Hemi 4 speed.

Then I'd flash forward a few years to '71 and give myself a birthday present.

A black '71 Challenger R/T convertible with a 440.

IIRC, there was only 1 or 2 Q5 Daytonas built. Mega rare color for that car.

And that Challenger needs a red gut & top....

I got one...................................... and it will be for sale

It was from the Mopar Nationals a sometime in the 90's in 1:18 scale.............LOL

I have always thought if I could have gotten dad to order one, now with Mr. Peabody I could do it.

Now would this be a driver or a car worth a LOT OF MONEY ....................

Yeah we all want a HEMI. But really a lot of those got blown up, Bruce Donnely got a new 70 Hemi Challenger and blew it up 4 times. Most of them have different engines in them, hard to keep in tune, so they were not the best for a driver. IMPRESSIVE yes, practical no.

Now I always wanted a
71 hemi Convertible Cuda.
4 speed
391 sure grip
Black exterior
White leather Interior
White Top
NO STUPID BILLBOARDS
Driving lights
Power windows
Power Steering
Rim Blow wheel
Console
fender mounted turn signals
am/fm/cass stereo
15" Magnum road wheels

I'm sure there are a lot of options i don't have that would be on the order sheet. I would want most of them. In 1977 I ordered a Aspen, sat down with the saleman and went thru the list of options for it. base price on a 1977 Aspen coupe $3,500 list price on my car $6900

May 2nd wish car with i want to build

1969 Dart GTS hardtop
383 4 barrel
Console shifted auto
391 suregrip
White exterior
White premium interior with headrest
Red GTS Stripe
Fender mounted turnsignal
HD suspension
Mag style full wheelcovers
Optional performance tire
Factroy AC
Power Steering
Power Windows
Am/FM/8 track stereo
tinted windows

actually I would have liked to had the white 69 GTS that was just sold here a few weeks ago. I would had sold the black interior out of it and changed to white & the stripe to red

It is nice to dream, and even better to build your dream. The 71 Cuda Convertible (even though I had one) is out of reach for so many of us. But a Dart most of us could or have build/built and some will.

My wife would like to have another 68 GTX, so I keep a lookout for a 68 Satelite, Sport Satelite to clone into a GTX. her 1st new car was a white 68 GTX with green interior and she said 1/2 green vinyl top. I have never seen a 1/2 vinyl top on any late 60's B Body mopars

And that Challenger needs a red gut & top.... :-D

That's why I'd want Q5 on the Daytona. Q5 happens to be my favorite color from the period (I'm prejudiced: my Sport Satellite is Q5 originally) and the color fits the car.

And, yeah, I'm thinking black, red interior, red stripes on the Challenger 'vert. :-D

I think mine would be the car I have, same color inside/out, but as a 340 4 speed formula S...

Ramenth......they didn't make R/T convertible challengers in 71....but you could still get the 383... not trying to blow your dream though....great car!

Man, just way too many great Mopes from the '50s and '60s- '57 DeSoto, '60-'61 Valiant, '66 Barracuda, '66-'67 Charger, the Aussie utes...

Okay- 1969 Dart Custom sedan, 225 slant, rootbeer brown metallic w/ black vinyl top and interior, steelies and dogdishes. If that great rootbeer color wasn't available that year, then I'd gladly take whatever shade of Mopar puke green was, with a white painted top and light brown interior.

I'd have to agree with this guy. It don't get much better than a Black '68-'70 Hemi Charger. My 2nd choice would be a '70 RR or GTX with a Hemi, a pistol grip 4 speed (no console - long handle), ralley gauges, ralley wheels, and 3.54 gears.

I would have bought a 1968 Dodge Charger r/t, Black, Black vinyl top, matte black stripes, black bucket interior, 426 Hemi, 4 speed, 3.54 Dana 60.

yeahhh....

With todays money, 2009's ITR could have paid for it in cash.

EDIT:
Here it is, 1968 R/T, 426 Hemi, 4 speed, black, black vinyl, NO stripe
68chargerRT.jpg

so...it does exist, if not by numbers, then just by presence....ahh Dreams.

I wouldnt mind the roadrunner my dad had. He was working a local small town body shop in 71-72 sometime in that era. A guy brought in a 1970 roadrunner had the 383/727 bench seat orange with the ol black hood. He had gotten rear ended and wanted his car fixed. They took the quarters and trunk pan off a satellite if I'm not mistaken and fixed the ol roadrunner up... Painted it back orange and kept the black hood. The guy never came to pick it up and couldn't be found. The car set there at the shop until the shop owner got tired of seeing it. Dad bought the car on the cheap and all legal like. The dude couldnt afford the repairs etc. He sold it sometime around 1979 for 500 bux. When he told me what he sold it for I almost slapped him which would have been the worst mistake ever made.... The car was still mint beside a door ding... Man I would kill for that car..

A 1971 426 hemi cuda, with a four speed. Think any variation of the Phantasm cudas. Maybe a matching set, one convertible and one hard top.

Edit: Both triple black cars.

71 demon 340. Sublime green, 4 speed, buckets, early model with the 70's dash or a 71 duster optioned the same with the blackout hood and sharktooth.

1968 or 1969 Dodge Charger R/t Black with white stripe hemi 4 speed

My brothers 71 Superbee 383 mag auto 3:23s yellow with wing. Black interior buckets and console. Not the fastest around but the combination was great. Sold it to a friend of mine in 75 with under 50 thousand miles for $1800.00 I nearly cried.

1970 Road Runner, Hemi, 4-speed, 4.10 Dana, black ext./white int., buckets, no console, manual steering/brakes and no carpet just to be extra hard core. That would be my weekend race/fun car, while for the week I'd have a 1969 Barracuda Formula S, 340, 4-speed, 3.23 rear, with buckets, console, A/C, power steering and brakes. Then to drive my family around I'd have a 1969 Imperial LeBaron 4-door sedan with lots of comfort options...

1970-1971 'Cuda Convertable,
Plumb Crazy,Hemi, 4 sp, White top/interior,Dana,
1970 AAR Plumb Crazy 4 sp

Shhh.. Always wanted a '70 428 Mach 1 4sp red/black
father wouldn't cosign in the day!

I'd have to say a '68 4-spd Hemi 'cuda. I'm pretty lucky in at least getting salesmen to see things my way & get what I want. No BO29 'cudas availible? It'd have to be a COMPLETELY stripped 4-spd Hemi Roadrunner with a Dana, Hemi Orange or black, dog-dish hubcaps.

I would have bought a 1968 Dodge Charger r/t, Black, Black vinyl top, matte black stripes, black bucket interior, 426 Hemi, 4 speed, 3.54 Dana 60.

yeahhh....

EDIT:
68chargerRT.jpg

That is the baddest *** charger i have ever seen. Damn!!!

I would buy a chevy..... HAHAHAHAHAHA now that was a good joke. Definately the original Mr. Norms 383 Dart from Grand Spaulding.

#1 70 Hemi Cuda convertible

#2 70 GTX convertible 440-6pk

#3 71-72 340 Demon sunroof car taken to Mr. Norms for the 6pk or supercharger setup

All black with Kelsey Hayes recall wheels. These were some of the fastest cars ever to come out of Detroit.:sign10:

yeahhh....

EDIT:
68chargerRT.jpg

right there is my lifelong dream car, although i would take most any big block in it. has to be a 4 speed though.

Probably get one of those new honda civics, (I always make poor decisions).

-
Back