Drip Rail Moldings

-

hemidreamer

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how to get the drip rail moldings off my '68 dart without bending them? Is there a trick to it, or just a slow careful process? Thanks...................

On my '74 I just popped them off at the edge with a small screwdriver, yeah slowly and carefully. Don't know if you have any different holders on yours though.

Other areas around the windows had to slide off, too. Not as easy.

You will have to remove it by "lifting" it from the bottom all the way along the molding. You can NOT simply start at one end, and "peel" the thing off. If you do, you end up with a piece of crap like the one I was sold a couple of months ago by a member here for $40. I was told it had "a slight wave in it", but this thing looked like a Hoop Skirt.
I actually used a can opener to get the moldings off my old 1960 Belair. Like the kind we used to open oil cans with, but a screwdriver will work just as well.
Just take your time.

Good Luck!!

George

Thanks for the advice, I'll try the lifting from the bottom approach. I could see the peeling from the end approach was only going to ruim the trim. Does the screwdriver inside the molding and lift the bottom or below the molding? I guess I'll try both. Thanks for the help. Ron

Removing drip-rails is like putting 'bill-board' stripes on. If you have'nt done it before, go to a junk yard and practice first. The oil-can opener works best. Add hair dryer heat, lift from the bottom. DON'T peel!

-
Back