Drip rail sealer

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Drip rail sealer... ??? So in working the roof of Jake's 65, the hard, brittle and cracked sealer that was in the drip-rail from front to rear has been dug out... What should I use to put back in there?

I used a NAPA product, it was a high viscosity fast curing urethane adhesive and it worked really well. The number on it is 4180.
Came in a tube you put in a caulk gun.

I dont remember what I ended up using but I tried 3M Fast and Firm first and it dried and cracked.

I use auto body seam sealer from Advance auto parts. never had a problem yet.

I have used this product from U-POL many times for various reasons (re-sealing drip rails is one of them) and it performs very well. You can get it from Autobodytoolmart.com , just search U-POL and it will come up.

u-pol-tiger-seal-sealer.gif

Been down this road. Do yourself a favor and use a two part sealer like Lord Fusor #129. I used it on my drip rails and again this past summer when I modified a steel hood for the blower. Had to re-bond the inner structure to the skin. Also used it to dress seams around the new opening. In that case my friend, who's an autobody supplier, brought several products by to try and agreed that the 129 would work best.

The 3M Fast and Firm (single part in a caulk tube) is pretty old school, takes forever to get hard, and if it's thick it will crack like Adam mentioned. The two part products will set within 30 min., are sandable, and just work really well.

Attachments

• seamseal2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 323
-
Back