drive shaft

-

buckshotbishop

Old Soul
Reaction score
im converting my 69 valiant /6 to a 340, and i was wondering if the drive shaft length would be the same for a /6, 904 and 8 3/4 combo and a 340, 904 and 8 3/4?

yes...the trans mounts in the same place...,,,

This is correct if the drive shaft is off the same wheel base car.

not off a different car but slowly working backwards to save money. im hoping to change out my 7 1/4 for my 8 3/4 soon. and know ill need a different length drive shaft. im keeping my six tell the last moment because i need to drive it tell summer. so i was just making sure i could have mine cut or have one built for the 8 3/4 and reuse it when i drop in the 340.

not off a different car but slowly working backwards to save money. im hoping to change out my 7 1/4 for my 8 3/4 soon. and know ill need a different length drive shaft. im keeping my six tell the last moment because i need to drive it tell summer. so i was just making sure i could have mine cut or have one built for the 8 3/4 and reuse it when i drop in the 340.

That will work. I made the mistake of getting a drive shaft and I forgot about the difference in wheel base between a bodies so it did me no good so that is why I was sharing that.

-
Back