-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 40%
2   3   0
Contact seller
I have a project I am working on where the door strike is repaired with the biggest washer welded to the door jamb to reinforce the failed original.

Does anyone have a car with a very nice, undamaged drive doorstrike they can cut out to include the door stamping and the strike cage in the back? will pay shipping......

Thanks,

AB

OK, I keep forgetting that this is the A-Body Forum...not the 1969 Barracuda Forum.....ughhh. So, there is a number stamped right there an inch or so away from the striker itself which is probably important to include for this restoration.

I apologize, so, if their is anyone in the community that has this part on a 69 Barracuda shell (convertible) and it is being salvaged please let me know...

with humility

AB

out of curiosity can you read the numbers/ letters on your item? I cannot make out all the stampings-- on the piece I have.
Lawrence

I think it is a part # not any vehicle ID #

Is the door strike different from a fastback to a convertible? If it isn't I can sawzall the area out on my parts car and send it to you. PM me for more info.

67cudafb, that is a great solution! Thanks for the link....would be perfect if the washer used back in the day to create structure there along with the quarter inch welding did not cover up the part number.....

VDart, will get back to you. Part number for sure...I am going to cross reference the number on a coupe/FB/convertible....curious myself if the numbers are the same or denote perhaps a relationship to the body type/quarter used???

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back