Not open for further replies.

66Valiant528

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a lower door hinge for my 66 Valiant Signet 2 door. Please PM me if you have a good one available! Thanks in advance.

Yep I'd send Mr. Leo yours. Might have some cores left, but likely only have '67 - '76 at this point.

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

The Resto Rick kit is good for just doing the pivot pins only, but are 2 X oversize from factory because he doesn't know what size you actually need. .406 size. Factory .338 .
It is 2x over just in case you have one that is really big.
I have a few different sized custom pins so I use only the smallest possible oversie to leave more material in the hinge for pin support. .375 is the size that most hinges need.
The hinge pin holes are seldom centered on the hinge and are thin a lot of times in the area supporting the pin.
Look at it like only being able to buy .060 pistons even though your cylinder bore only needs a .030.
Leaves the cylinder walls thinner than needed.
I also replace the door check pins and springs which are frozen or the opins have worn off center.

Over 25 years experience doing Mopar only front door hinge rebuilds. Completely rebuilt, not a pin job.
[email protected] Google my name.

A-B-E-HINGE-PARTS.jpg

20200813_143157.jpg

20200815_131633.jpg

20200815_143646.jpg

20200627_200742.jpg

20200627_200853.jpg

Attachments

• DOOR-HINGE-REBUILD-PROCEDURE 2022 (1).pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 56
The Resto Rick kit is good for just doing the pivot pins only, but are 2 X oversize from factory because he doesn't know what size you actually need. .406 size. Factory .338 .
It is 2x over just in case you have one that is really big.
I have a few different sized custom pins so I use only the smallest possible oversie to leave more material in the hinge for pin support. .375 is the size that most hinges need.
The hinge pin holes are seldom centered on the hinge and are thin a lot of times in the area supporting the pin.
Look at it like only being able to buy .060 pistons even though your cylinder bore only needs a .030.
Leaves the cylinder walls thinner than needed.
I also replace the door check pins and springs which are frozen or the opins have worn off center.

Over 25 years experience doing Mopar only front door hinge rebuilds. Completely rebuilt, not a pin job.
[email protected] Google my name.

View attachment 1716066053

View attachment 1716066058

View attachment 1716066061

View attachment 1716066062

View attachment 1716066063

View attachment 1716066064
You do nice work for sure, but the Resto Rick kit is still a great option for us diy-ers. It's much better than the generic bushing/pin kits at the autoparts store. I believe he sells the roller pins too, though those are a pretty quick project for those with access to a lathe.

Yes they much better than bushings. Just no option on the actual pin size. A one size fits all.
Not everyone has a lathe or the other tools needed to do a proper job.
My business is aimed toward people who don't want to experiment on their hinges and want to know they are done correctly.
Like any other project the more times you do it, the more you learn about it and the better the next job you do comes out.
I have many years of experience, done over 1,000 sets, have all the correct tools, drill bits, reamers in both HSS and carbide as the 62-65 hinges require carbide to drill the plate steel used on the door side hinge halves.
I do many for restoration shops as well as home hobbyers.
Right now about a 2 week turn around. I also include reprints of the remove/installation info from the Factory Service manual to aid in installing and adjusting your doors after you reinstall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back