driveshaft alignment

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
i'm shoehorning a 440 into my '70 wayfarer ute, ausie a body, right hand drive. about to start fabricating fender well headers. to get rocker cover clearance from brake mc and for easier header fitment i was thinking if it would be ok to move engine over to the left about 3/4" or so. what affect would this have on driveshaft alignment. i would most likely move trans mount as well.
cheers

I wonder if you could flip the MP master cylinder relocation block around backwards and utilize it? I bet you can.

I've always used 4 degrees as max...

angle2.jpg

So long as you move it over and keep the centerline parallel, IE move the tail shaft as well it will be just fine.

My old 62 Landcruiser, before the 340 was swapped in, had a centered rear pumpkin with an offset transfer case, so not only was the shaft at a "fair" vertical angle, it was at a pretty "fair" horizontal angle as well

You boys over probably have one of those old girls roaming around somewheres. Toyota went to an offset rear pumpkin soon after

This is a photo of a '65 I found, they are "in line." My old 62 looked the same except the rear was "centered"

pic020-jpg.jpg

-
Back