driveshaft big block to small block 727

-

spudsterier

Reaction score
So I've been looking for a driveshaft for my 68 valiant 2-door.
It's got a 360 with a 727 and an 8 3/4.

I have come across a driveshaft from a dart with a big block 727 and an 8 3/4.

Does anyone happen to know if this would fit in my car???

I don't have a slip yolk yet so I can't just go out a measure what I need.

Thanks for any help.

You can use your old driveshaft. Except for trucks and RV's all 727 tailhousings are the same between small bock to big block.

Maybe I should have posted this, but I originally didn't think it was necessary, i don't have an old driveshaft, thus why I have been looking for one.

The engine, trans, and rear end in my car are out of a 1974 dodge 1 ton ambulance van.
So my tailshaft is different then a normal 727 car trans? I assume then that I would be better off just making a driveshaft instead of finding on that would fit?

Anyone know of a driveshaft that would work?
Or where I can just get the front and rear u joint ends?

So I've been looking for a driveshaft for my 68 valiant 2-door.
It's got a 360 with a 727 and an 8 3/4.

I have come across a driveshaft from a dart with a big block 727 and an 8 3/4.

Does anyone happen to know if this would fit in my car???

I don't have a slip yolk yet so I can't just go out a measure what I need.

Thanks for any help.

if both cars have 727 and 8 3/4 the driveshaft should work unless the wheel base of a Valiant is 108 inch whereas the Dart is 111 inch...

valiant is 108. If it's a Dart Sport donor he may be OK.

Well, thanks guys.....guess I'm out of luck again...
Anyone know what the difference is with the tailshaft between the truck 727 and the car 727?

Most truck transmissions are the same as cars but your 1 ton transmission you describe requires a 2 piece driveshaft because it has no provision for a slip yoke. I wouldn't use it in a car.

I just re-read you post and may have misunderstood you. Does your trans. have a yoke bolted directly to the back of it or does the driveshaft yoke slide in?

-
Back