Driveshaft loops?

-

tnts72

Reaction score
Anyone build loops for Dusters that would bolt into the subframe connectors? Thinking about building one myself, just looking for ideas... I am not interested in the bolt together variety.

I wouldn't suggest drilling the frame connectors cause that'd weaken them. If their the bolt in kind you could build something to bolt in where they do but I doubt anyone builds them because not all frame connectors are alike

I wouldn't suggest drilling the frame connectors cause that'd weaken them. If their the bolt in kind you could build something to bolt in where they do but I doubt anyone builds them because not all frame connectors are alike

build ur own driveshaft loop, make the loop adjustable, wide enough to weld it to ur subframe connectors. (up tite to the floorpan. if done right , u can also bolt 2 of the seat mounts thru it. stronger and stiffer .

yea - I concur with Bob here all the way - make your own and weld the supports to the subframe connectors - in between them though, I think you will want to be able to disassemble/adjust it some so somehow you need to engineer in some bolt in aspects

I am thinking mild steel, couple 180 loops and sleeving the lower loop section into the upper so the lower half can be unbolted and removed... Hmmm, time to start shopping for material. Need to see what I can squeeze between the exhaust and the floor pans. Think 3/4 Dom would do the job, just want to keep it fairly light weight

NHRA calls out 7/8 .065" wall minimum. Looks like about 5-6 lbs or so if I went with a full tube loop welded to the subframe connectors... Also considering making it solid, not necessary to make it a sleeved setup with the bottom half being removable. One in my racecar is 5" diameter 1/4" wall pipe that bolts the factory driveshaft strap location.

-
Back