Driveshaft made to order options???

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
hey guys just checking to see if there is a good made to order driveline website that is reliable and reasonable in price for a mild 340/727/8.75 combo.

Thanks

I have a good driveline shop I’ve used in the past to cut my driftshaft for my keisler 5-spd but would like to hear other options/opinions

If all you are doing is shortening a driveshaft, there's a method I use that works every time. I mark the driveshaft at the back and make sure I mark it up past the cuts so it goes back together the same way. I note any weight placements also. I cut the weld thru with an angle grinder and knock off the end. I use a straight piece of thin cardboard that goes around the shaft twice to get a square cut. Tap the yoke back in and bolt it in the car; jack stands under the axles. Dial indicate and weld in three places. Dial indicate again before removing from car and finish welding an inch at a time alternating the three areas. Weld the weight back on. If there's a vibration from imbalance, use an adjustable hose clamp to experiment with weight and placement. But an improperly installed u-joint will cause a vibration. But I have never had to do any rebalancing.

Not looking shorten one. Would buy brand new. Looking for good sources that have stock replacements or slightly beefier

-
Back