[WANTED] Driveshaft needed in the Chicago area!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I just snapped the driveshaft on my dart! I'm in need of one ASAP! I don't want to have a custom one made because I'm putting in a new rear dif by the end of summer. It's 69 dart with a 904 and a 7 1/4. Anyone got one in the Chicage areas???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 228
I know you said you don't want to have a new one made, but whatever rear end you are going to slap in there will need a shorter driveshaft then what you have now
so
even if you decided to go with a brand new one NOW you could just have it trimmed down when your ready to do your swap

That's a good point. If no one has one then I will have to go that route.

Do you know what dimension that you need???

What part of Chicago are you in???

I don't right now. I will measure tomorrow. It's getting towed tomorrow Morning.

I don't right now. I will measure tomorrow. It's getting towed tomorrow Morning.

If we can get a drive shaft for you, you can just install it and forget the tow...

We may need to replace the u-joints though...

If we can get a drive shaft for you, you can just install it and forget the tow...

We may need to replace the u-joints though...

I have a dozen Dart driveshafts laying around, probably have what you need. I am north of Chicago close to the Cheese Curtain (sWisconsin).

You're not far from me... I'm 20 - 30 minutes from you....

If you can get a dimension, I can look to see what I have...

I see you're from Orland I see. The car is on 131st and bell right now. Pm your info and I will call you tomorrow. Thanks!

Thanks again Karl! Couldn't have fix it without you! New we need to cruising!

I just finished reading through this.

As a fellow living an area with a population of 2.5 million - but only 2.5 Mopars :banghead: - I am outrageously jealous that not only were you fellows able to meet up in the same spot to get the car back together again, you were able to just fart on over to a third guy for the exact driveshaft it needed...

...as if you were working on a freekin' Toyota Corolla.

High five to you fellows for bringing a bit of joy to a Dodge Brother from way, way south :cheers:

-Kurt

Thanks again Karl! Couldn't have fix it without you! New we need to cruising!

Sure. :thumblef:

It was great meeting you guys and taking on the challenge to keep it off a tow truck and drive it home.... :cheers: :burnout:

My kids love the car and want to see it. They love those "boosted teens"... :toothy1:

I just finished reading through this.

As a fellow living an area with a population of 2.5 million - but only 2.5 Mopars :banghead: - I am outrageously jealous that not only were you fellows able to meet up in the same spot to get the car back together again, you were able to just fart on over to a third guy for the exact driveshaft it needed...

...as if you were working on a freekin' Toyota Corolla.

High five to you fellows for bringing a bit of joy to a Dodge Brother from way, way south :cheers:

-Kurt

Thanks...

2.5 Mopars.... LOL!!!

Us Mopar guys used to get ridiculed all the time in the 70's and 80's by the Ford and GM guys... We learned to stick together when we found a fellow Mopar guy.... :hello2:

Plus you have the "car-guy code" - You can't leave a fellow car guy stranded... You do what you can to help him get back on the road... :director:

I've had others help me in need, and I've helped others in need... Keep passing it forward until you need it to come back when your chips are down, hopefully there will be someone there to help.... :supz:

We didn't have to go to another guy. I brought three different length shafts based on our estimate from another thread, and they were all too small.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So we had to come back to my place to get the only longer one that I had in my stash, and luckily we were able to change his u-joints over to the longer shaft and shoe horn it into his car... (It almost didn't fit - long...) :violent1:

Thanks...

2.5 Mopars.... LOL!!!

Almost. There are a few others here and there in driveways, but I can count on my fingers the number of A-bodies in front driveways within a 10 mile radius around here, and less than half ever see the road. Even fewer B-bodies, though the occasional, hacked up 1966-68 C-body Fury or Polara will make a showing (and then disappear from whence it came). My '68 Satellite? It's the first I've ever laid eyes on here, and the only other B-body 4-door I ever witnessed was a '66 Coronet 440 at the same place I bought my Valiant.

Even our Craigslist is dismal; it's like being in a Rodney Dangerfield joke.

Us Mopar guys used to get ridiculed all the time in the 70's and 80's by the Ford and GM guys... We learned to stick together when we found a fellow Mopar guy.... :hello2:

You're describing our local '71-73 Mustang community now. Less than 10 guys, and some of us actually have parts to trade :shock: . Granted, I'm the schmuck in the group who still hasn't finished his car's bodywork after 2 years of nothing...

Plus you have the "car-guy code" - You can't leave a fellow car guy stranded... You do what you can to help him get back on the road... :director:

Most of the local fellow car guys are stranded. In the driveway.

I've had others help me in need, and I've helped others in need... Keep passing it forward until you need it to come back when your chips are down, hopefully there will be someone there to help.... :supz:

+1. One of the reasons I keep coming back to FABO, even if to find advice or parts for a B-body. Lots of fellows here with this attitude - the RIGHT attitude!

We didn't have to go to another guy. I brought three different length shafts based on our estimate from another thread, and they were all too small.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So we had to come back to my place to get the only longer one that I had in my stash, and luckily we were able to change his u-joints over to the longer shaft and shoe horn it into his car... (It almost didn't fit - long...) :violent1:

Four driveshafts, and all close enough to take a trip to get another, come back, and install it? Major envy.

Out of curiosity, was it the right length, or was it longer than the one that self-destructed? If all your driveshafts were A-body spares, I can't imagine anything that would be longer than a shaft for a Dart with the 111" wheelbase, smaller 904 transmission, and the tiny 7-1/4" differential.

-Kurt

Four driveshafts, and all close enough to take a trip to get another, come back, and install it? Major envy.

Out of curiosity, was it the right length, or was it longer than the one that self-destructed? If all your driveshafts were A-body spares, I can't imagine anything that would be longer than a shaft for a Dart with the 111" wheelbase, smaller 904 transmission, and the tiny 7-1/4" differential.

-Kurt

It was slightly longer. It almost didn't fit, but he got it in there....

I bought a few spares to have cut and rebalanced for projects, but found a local drive shaft shop here that makes stronger ones from scratch and got one...

You have to keep a few spare parts around in case you break something, you can get back running again...

It was slightly longer. It almost didn't fit, but he got it in there....

Is he going to continue running it like that?

If it's that long, is there a chance it's TOO long? Things might get nasty if the rear end bottoms out on a big bump.

Just thinking out loud here to prevent some engine mount carnage...

-Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back